1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Place to stay @ the Silver $

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Going to the Silver $ next week for the weekend @ the Fl state shoot. Looking for a quality place to stay within 30 minutes of the $.

Phil Berkowitz

2. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

I am staying at tht Tahitian Resort,12 miles from the Dollar, their # is 727 937-4121.
    Woody Sullivan

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Phil, Try the hotel next door to Cody's restaurant. When you go West to route l9 turn right (south) a mile and half or 2 and you'll see Cody's on the right side of the road. I don't remember the name of the hotel. If you like PM me and I'll give you Gary's # if you like. Gary and Mike just left there as they were at the Southern Grand. I stayed behind. Good luck this week. Break-em all. Jeff

4. chisle

chisle Member

Phil,
    The knights Inn on rt.19 1/2 mi.north of Tampa rd.
    Its not a palace but its nice&clean .
    I stayed there in jan.Rat
    e was 45.00 a day w/shooters discount. #(727)789-2002
    Jeff

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Phil, tried to E-mail you but it came back with bad address. Anyway Its called Tarpon Springs Inn. Gary said it was alright so-so. His wife did not like it. Bad Bed just like Rob. Ranch place. Good Luck with the shoot. Break-em all. Jeff

6. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

There is a brand new Resident's Inn along 589 (Veteran's Expressway) that is 15 minutes away and no traffic or road construction between it and the Dollar. They usually serve a full hot breakfast and on some nights, a businessman's lite supper. I would also consider Oldsmar, they have several good hotels and you can get to the Dollar by way of Racetrack Road, instead of Tarpons Springs Rd. If you do decide to stay at the Knights Inn, use Tampa Road to Forrest Lakes to Racetrack and come in that way, it is a lot faster during peak travel hours.

7. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Several places in Oldsmar, last trip we stayed at the La Quntia (sp) in Clearwater bt the airport. Very clean and easy drive. Our only problem was John Holms and Seka were in the next room. Oh well, try Cheaprooms.com. Jake

8. gym2

gym2 TS Member

Phil,

I agree with Jeff - I stayed at the Knights Inn last year and found it to be very clean, quiet, and economical. Jim

9. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I don't mean to sabatoge this thread, but you guys know the area a lot better than anyone...Are there any Motor Home accomodations nearby?

Looking maybe for next year, too late this year.

Dave in SC

10. thunder

thunder Active Member

shotgunpeople We didn't make it down this year. We stayed the last few years at Quails Run RV Resort (brand new pads put in, doubles the size of it by now and priced right), its listed under Westley Chapel and about 35 minutes drive to the Dollar. Really nice clean park to stay. Look under RV Reviews Westley Chapel. We tried the rv parks in Tarpon Springs and they weren't the best, also stayed at one in Lutz not the best either.

Hope this helps
    Andy

11. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Start checking now and you could get an RV spot on the gun club grounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.