1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Place to stay in Seattle just before the Grand Pac

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trap2, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Active Member

My wife and I are looking for a place to stay in Seattle the week before the Grand Pacific. Dates would be from July 16 through the 20th. Would like a place near downtown around the Pikes Place Market, Space Needle, Aquarium, etc. Can be a condo, hotel, etc. Would also consider a nice RV park close to town to park the trailer. We would like to do Seattle, and are towing a 35' trailer. We can leave the trailer at the Evergreen Gun Club and stay in Seattle for the 4 days, or find a nice RV park close in.... Any suggestions? I would like to take Kathy to the Pikes Market, the Space Needle, Aquarium, the underground tour, etc. We are going to the American Idol concert on the 18th at the Key arena, so staying near the Belltown are is a must.... Thanks for any help..... Dan Thome (Trap2)
  2. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

The Edgewater is built over the water and is in the center of what you want to do.

Parking is right in front of the hotel. Sounds like a good time - but if you have ever been in a old musty basement you have already done the underground tour, in my humble opinion.

The Mariners will be out of town that week.
  3. pitt4570

pitt4570 Member

evergreen has hookups and all that nice place see if you can get the side by the woods on the far side of the club house eat some dungeness crap while in town
  4. Avaldes

Avaldes Active Member

Not from Seattle, but I have spent some great times there. Most of downtown is accessible by pedestrian. A lot of the hotels have vans that ferry the guests around town as well. The last time we stayed it was at a hotel near the convention center. We could easily walk to or ride to anywhere we liked. Good choice of towns.

I would stay away from the dungeness crap;)
  5. Dzurf

Dzurf TS Member

Dan,

Any of the "name brand" downtown hotels will
    work. They're all close to everything. The core downtown
    area you're looking at really isn't that big. The Edgewater
    is really nice, but the last time we stayed there the parking
    was as much as I like to pay for a hotel! There's always Seattle
    Skeet and trap, but they're about 40 min from downtown.
    Evergreen is only an hour... If you need we have room
    to leave your RV..

Dakin
  6. cafowler

cafowler Member

There's a Courtyard in Renton or Tukwilla south of downtown I used to stay at a lot. The Sounder goes by there all day. You just walk out the back of the hotel to get across the tracks to the station. You'd be a short transit ride from downtown, much easier/cheaper than staying downtown I think. There's a golf course just north of there a bit, they might let you set up the trailer in their parking area? I think the Sounder has a stop at the arena/ball field area.

Hope this helps.

Kirk
  7. Trap2

Trap2 Active Member

Dakin... Thanks very much for the offer, but, we pretty much decided to leave the RV at the club. I have to get there a couple days early to start getting things set up for the Grand, and this way the RV is already there. Time is going to be at a premieum so we need to make every minute count.... I'll see you there... Dan
  8. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Trap2

I would recommend that you do as cafowler says above. Stay at the courtyard in the Tukwila-Renton area.Depending on traffic it is only 15-20 to downtown in a parking lot from the hotel. while here I would also recommend that you take some time and visit the museum of flight at Boeing field. See you at Evergreen

Jim Bradbury
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.