1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Place to shoot Trap near Austin

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by highgun99, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highgun99

highgun99 TS Member

I will be working in Austin TX for a month starting next week, and would like to know what club to visit to get a few clays in. I will be visiting from Canada so not sure if I'll bring guns. ( I have an ATF form approved for the eastern grand, but will need a letter from a gun club in austin as a reason to bring the firearms) Any Suggestions? ........Thanks.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Capitol City Gun Club in Austin is the only place I know of. I shot there a couple weeks ago. They don't rent guns. Trap, Skeet and a nice sporting clays course.
    They have a website:www.capitolclays.com.

3. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

I'm a member at Capitol City Trap & Skeet. We're the only club within the Austin area. Next closest are Fayette County (La Grange), Bexar Community Shooting Range (Marion), and Waco Trap & Skeet. All are about 1.5 hour drive from north side of Austin where I live.

Contact Brenna, the CCTS club manager, with any paperwork needs, though we don't have any registered shoots scheduled. The club phone number is 512-272-4707.

If you need a registered shoot to justify your firearm permit, the Briley Battle on the Brazos is May 31/June 1 in Waco. That could be your reason on the permit. Club number is 254-753-2651. Trap director is Billy McFarlen. Can't remember the club manager's name. It's on the tip of my fingers, but it won't come out.

Incidentally, once you get your reason to come, we do have a trap league that shoots on Saturday mornings. I'm out there shooting every Sunday afternoon -- except when I'm at a registered shoot, of course. Email me for details.

BrowningGal (Jeri Brock)

4. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Jeri, Greg surber is his name. Both he and Billy are great guys.

Jimmy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.