1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pittsburgh, PA Trap Shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bkt514, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

My youngest recently moved to the Pittsburgh area. Was wondering if you could share some clubs in that area, who welcome guest shooters.

2. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

I live north of Pittsburgh in Wexford. I belong to Lawrence County Sportsmens Assoc in Wampum Pa. It is mainly a sporting clays, and skeet club, but we get a few trap shooters. I belong their because as a member I get 24 hour 7 day a week access to the trap/skeet fields. This is great because I can go on my schedule. The downfall is there aren't realy people shooting at the same exact time you are shooting.

There is also Allegheny Country Rifle Club which I believe shoots registered just about every weekend during the season. You can also look at Northside Sportsmens club and Millvale Sportmens club 20 minutes north of Pittsburgh in Wexford/Warrendale. There is also West Penn Sportmans club if you are looking east of the city. I am not sure what is down south as North Hills Pittsburghers don't go to the South Hills, and South Hills Pittsburgher's do not make it to the North Hills very often. I am not a native Pittsburghers but thats the way it is out here.

3. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

I forgot to add about the guest shooter part. I can speak for Lawrence County. guests can shoot Saturday's and Sundays from about 9-2 (maybe 3), and on Wednesdays, but I am not sure of the hours. They could always contact me on here as I usually go up on Saturday or Sunday with a friend. We would love to show them around if it isn't too far of a drive. You can PM where your youngest is going to be living and I can let you know how far it will be.

4. mbm5770

mbm5770 Member

Washington Sportsman Club is nice...depends on where in pittsburgh he moved.

5. Grade VI

Grade VI Member

Also if he is south of Pittsburgh, there is McKeesport Gun Club, Clairton Gun Club and Pitcairn Gun Club. All three are easily accessible from the Monroeville, McKeesport area.

6. revbook

revbook Member

Pitcairn Monroeville Sportsman's Club has public Trap practice starting at 10 am on Saturdays. Trafford Sportsman's Club has public practice on Friday evenings around 6pm and on Sunday mornings around noon. Clairton has public practice on Wednesday evenings. Have him look me up and I will show him around.

Don in PA

7. old870

old870 TS Member

If he is anywhere north of Pittsburgh off of Route 28 there is the Tarentum Sportsmen's Club, Ford City Sportsmen, Bull Creek Sportsmen and Frazer Sportsmen.

8. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Ruffsdale, Youngwood, Library gun clubs are all close to pittsburgh

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Sent you a PM. Mike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
pittsburgh skeet shooting
pittsburgh trap
pittsburgh trap shooting