1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pitch Question?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I am stumped, and I can't remember. If a gun is kicking in face, do you need negative or positive pitch adjustment?

Matt - Woodson Enterprises

2. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

positive

3. Timber1

Timber1 TS Member

It can go either way depending on how your bulit.

4. les morgan

les morgan TS Member

For me it takes negative pitch. When the toe is longer than the heel, the comb tends to move down upon recoil. I am tall and not barrel chested. Some people have different results. I would suggest getting both a negative and positive pitch spacer from Brownells and temporally install ( would not need to be ground to fit) between your pad and stock and see which feels better.

5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Proper pitch has more to do with barrel movement on low gun games when mounting, and two shot games,as barrels rise on firing with negative (up) pitch. When mounting gun as for international skeet, lots of down pitch will prevent the barrels from rising when your shoulder is contacted, causing you to shoot over the target. Up pitch is useful when shooting driven birds incoming, gets the barrels out in front easily. parallel combs do more to prevent face slap, although most people need a little down pitch to fit their bodies better.

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Increase the negative pitch. The pad should make full contact with your shoulder, both top and bottom when you have it right. Shooting the gun is the best test to see if you have it right for you. HMB

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Increasing the negative pitch as HMB stated is a common way to decrease face slap and upward movement of the gun. If you place anything with a straight edge on the area of your shoulder where you mount your gun, you can see the approximate angle the pad should be set.

Very well nourished people often need a little more pitch than poorly fed people.

Pat Ireland

8. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Thanks, Pat for putting this into words that I can understand. I am well nourished and I mostly know Up from Down but I get a little confused on Positive or Negative.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

miketmx- You are welcome. But, with your confession about positive and negative, I must ask about balancing your check book? Is everything working out OK?

Pat Ireland

10. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Have found a wedge that is thicker at the top than the bottom has helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.