1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PITA Web Page new/improved

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BDodd, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Some fellows noted they were having trouble seeing the PITA web page recently. It seems more up and running at the moment but still noted as "under construction" for those that may have an interest in "the other association." Click on the above address....breakemall....Bob Dodd

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

It's a nice clean interface, Bob, and having the rulebook right up there at the top is a good idea the ATA should follow, but the look-up function requires a member number, not just a name. This hampers S&M Detective Agency (and many others, I'm sure) with the useful work of finding out which of the posters

(1) shoot

(2) shoot well enough to take their advice seriously.

Could you use your influence to fix this?

Neil

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Neil, you have confirmed my same reaction right up front. If it were able to provide data by name, it sure would be handy at the handicap table to see membership status, current yardage, current scores, all right at their fingertips. A "members" suggestion was sent. Whether I can do as your final question suggests is still up in the air....breakemall....Bob Dodd

4. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Sir Dodd, I think Neil's comment was tongue in cheek. I personally like the way it's setup. I think that being able to access someone's scores etc. should require the permission of the individual concerned. All information needed by handicappers is available by using the membership number. BRGII

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I recognized Neil's humorosity BRGII but I think it's quite reasonable to be able to pull up current membership status, Handicap yardage, and some recent scores for that inevitable situation where Freddy Nimrod appears without his card and hasn't a clue what his m'ship number is. As I pointed out in my communication to the PITA, there is much more information printed right in our average books than most of us like in phone directories. Then the scores that could be seen were publicly posted at the shoot and maybe some in newsletters and papers. Then, why would any of us not want others to know if we were current members or what our yardage is? I just don't see a privacy issue BUT I DO think having to sign on and provide a password to get to the info is reasonable and it would be quite handy at times at the handicap table at a minimum. The response, BTW, was that it may be discussed at Exec. Committee and taken to the membership for consideration...Bob Dodd

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I like the new format but it seems they have done away with the classified section. I would much rather have that then a recipe from a trapshooter. Jeff

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Ditto - bring back the classifieds

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'll wager the classifieds are still "under construction."

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Well they sure got that recipe section up quick! Thank god for small favors. Just kidding Terry! You are doing a great job and it really loks professional. Thanks for doing it. Jeff Westlund Life Member PITA

10. KK

KK TS Member

DITTO ON BRING BACK THE CLASSIFIEDS! KK

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Here's some straight stuff. The "new" webmaster is pretty overwhelmed with the work on the PITA page and his "real life." There is apparently a serious concern regarding liability, maintenance, and so on having a classified ad page.

The following comment came from the Exec. Secretary regarding the idea of having a chat page where people could then sell gear and guns on their own:

"At this time we are concentrating on getting clubs to post their shoot programs (saves them
    postage and gets them more exposure) and to get their shoot results posted
    as well. Both of these items get sent to me and I get them in the correct
    format for posting, then let the person sending know the correct format so
    they can then send to the webmaster directly. You can mention that if you
    like - may get a little more participation."

Sue Brewer
    Executive Secretary
    sue@shootpita.com
    www.shootpita.com
    PO Box 770, Lebanon, OR 97355
    541-258-8766

It seems, at the moment, that the webmaster is considering adding links to places where people can sell guns and gear rather than add a classified section to the page and create legal and extra maintenance concerns.....Bob Dodd

12. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Nice job PITA....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.