1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PITA shoot questions ????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by al391claybuster, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

I'm planning to shoot my first PITA event here in Oregon after 3 yrs of membership. First, do I have to shoot on Saturday to shoot in Sundays events? I work most Saturdays. Second, can I show up and register, or do I need to call ahead if I didn't use Presqaud? I'd like to shoot both singles and handicap, but can the wife just shoot singles and not handicap? We've shoot 3 yrs of sporting, but living in South Central Oregon, 6 to 7 hour one way trips are not cutting it. Also I'm looking forward to meeting some the the people from TS.com. Any help with these questions would be wonderful. Thanks David

2. BBB

BBB TS Member

You should be able to shoot Sundays events only, some, or all of them if you wish. You can register for the Sundays events, Sunday morning, but I would get there early. There will likely be other shooters that may come for the Sunday only shoot, so you may be able to squad with them. Of course you need to squad in the handicap with shooters in the similar yardage group, singles you can squad where ever there is an opening. On rare occasions if there is no positions left on any squad in your caps yard group, you may have to shoot by yourself. You can play the options, or just shoot for trophys.

You realise that you will be classed "penalty" yardage, and start in B class in singles, (doubles too, if you are shooting them) if you have no previous registered PITA targets. If you have shot ATA at some point, then you can usually shoot in the singles class you shot ATA in, probably they would allow your ATA cap yardage as well. Handicappers discretion.

Hope you have a good shoot.

3. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Redmond and Madras hold PITA shoots during the year. They shouldn't be too far. As for your questions YES, and Yes. Good shooting RG

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Yes you can shoot one day, either day. Yes you can shoot just singles and handicap while the wife can shoot only singles. No, you don't have to pre-squad or call ahead, just show up and go to the office for any explanations - they assist beginners all the time. If you're in what I call South Central OR, I'd focus on Klamath Falls and Medford for your closest Trap venues. If you can travel a little further, Richard's right, Redmond, Madras, Cottage Grove/Eugene, and Roseburg (Winchester) are your next closest. There's always Redding in CA too....breakemall....Bob Dodd

5. bydnsilly3

bydnsilly3 Member

AL391.

Send me an email with phone number and a good time to call and I will be more than happy to answer all of your questions. Or you can call Sue Brewer at the PITA office, 541-258-8766, and she can help. Oregon is a great place to shoot with some of the nicest folks you will ever meet. Hope to see you there some time. Introduce yourself, most folks know me.

Billy Myers
    Chairman, Central Rules and Handicap Committee
    PITA

P.S. Sue is cashiering a shoot this weekend at Klamath Falls. Great place to shoot

6. teleskier

teleskier Member

And Sue and Sandy (sisters) will both be at Medford next weekend. We are thinking of doing the three day Memorial Day shoot in Bend but we have conflicting locations. Pre Squad.com says Madras, PITA yellow schedule shows Redmond. Anyone have correct info? Mike

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Well, the program say Madras including appropriate maps. The posting on PreSquad.com comes from the cashier for the shoot, assumed to be Sue and Rusty, and I'd place my bet there....breakemall...Bob Dodd

8. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

Thanks everyone for your replies. I wasn't able to get on the site sooner for some reason, showed server error. Anyways, I'm heading to K.Falls tomorrow to shoot. Then hope to be in Medford, Redmond, Madras, and Paisley. All of this is 3 hrs or less from Lakeview. Also Reno and Fallon is only 3.5 hrs as well as Redding. My email address is above(drop the XX's), if anyone wants to correspond. BDodd I've visited with you from time to time. I see you shoot in the league sporting shoot at Cottage Grove. Not being able to shoot, but I keep up with eveyone through the shoot scores...lol Thanks again, David.
    PS. I'll have my Bretta so you can see the handy work Tron done for me.

9. dhg

dhg TS Member

Madras is correct for the Bend Memorial Day shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.