1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PITA New Fourm Site

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BobGreen, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobGreen

BobGreen TS Member

Jan 20, 2010
    FYI I tried to reply to my first message and it looks like a moderator disabled the ability to post or reply to the first message that I posted. I wonder why? Could TS be worried about a little competition?

Any way, here is a reply from Rob Charny, PITA webmaster as to what the login process is all about at the new PITA forum.

Thanks for giving me an update as to what the discussion on Trapshooters.com is about. What you are talking about is called the “CAPTCHA” (for Completely Automated Turing Test To Tell Computers and Humans Apart) (http://recaptcha.net). A CAPTCHA is a program that can tell whether its user is a human or a computer and just about every web site that takes registration is going to this to help combat spam and bots from attacking web sites. There are only so many ways to fight this and it’s my opinion that CAPTCHA is the best way to do it.

As you can see there are 3 buttons next to where you type in the words. The top button lets you change the words if you can’t understand what is there, the middle button let’s you hear the words spoken and the bottom button is a help feature. I always suggest that if you can’t read the words you cycle through until you find a group that you can understand.

Really this is easier that you may think. I know that sometimes new things can throw people off, but I also know that sometimes people don’t read instructions or look at the bigger picture to find out that it’s not as hard as they may think.

Thanks again,
  2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Apr 28, 2006
    NW Wisconsin
    Thanks Bob. That helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.