1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PITA Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pointer, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pointer

Pointer TS Member

Just wanted to send out a thank you to PITA and the Evergreen Sportsman Club in Littlerock, WA for an amazing PITA Grand.

All week was very nice we were in the high 70’s to low 80s. Only downside I noticed was with two vendors pushing shells none had Remington or Winchester.

PITA did a great job. I was impressed with the number of awards and donations. You had to watch the board for every event regardless how you shot you had a good chance to draw into a shoot off for shot, reloaders, guns etc. Browning gave away 3 guns, then $ 5,000 for the final event (if winner shot a browning)

Other vendors with a presence:

Briley: Hosted the small bore shoot. This was a blast. I did the 410 shoot. ½ oz of 7 1/2. If you want to know how you are shooting from the 16 this will show you quick. To give you an idea there were a number of shooters who post 100’s often, and the winning 410 score was a 19X25. if you were not Dead ON..it was a loss.

Ljutic: The new owner was there. They answered questions, worked on guns, and I noticed they spent a lot of time asking shooters what they want to see from Ljutic. I got to play with a new SLE Pro with the new trigger. If I hit the lotto I now have the # 1 list item identified.

White Flyer: They always sponsor a handicap and pony up some very nice awards (a lot of awards) you can win first to third in yardage and by state..so down 6 places for each yardage.

Someone spread a rumor there was a cougar seen on the grounds (believable in this area) then started blasting a cougar call @ midnight, very funny..we suspect the Canadians, however the investigation is ongoing.

All in all it was a great shoot!

Shannon Murphy AKA Pointer

2. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Shannon

I have to agree. I thought that this years Geand Pacific was well run. I had not noticed that the only two vendors selling amunnition were not selling Remington or Winchester amunnition but you are right about that. It was nice to see Lutic, Blaser, and Ceasar Gurini had representatives there. I was disappoointed that the Ceasar Gurini dealer was on site for only the one day as it was advertised that you could shoot their guns if you wanted, and I did want to, but did not catch them the one and only day that they were there. I shot almost two cases of ammo through two different Blasers and even shot the first half of the Championship singles with one. I did not hear the Cougar call,but my wife tells me that I could sleep through a train wreck once I go to sleep. I am already looking forward to next years Grand Pacific. Hope to see you there.
    Jim Bradbury

3. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

Sounds like a great shot, but I wish they would post the last two days results sometime this week...........

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Shannon......your post brings back fond memories of past Grand Pacific shoots and good friends! Hope you and yours are doing well.

Ken Rucker......Speedbump Stockworks

5. Kubota Bill

Kubota Bill TS Member

I have to agree with you Shannon-- it was a great shoot. Sue and Rusty, Jennifer, Lyle and Nadine and all the other workers I dont know are the reason it went well.
    I think the weather also had something to do with it also. It was just about perfect-- even a bunch of grumpy trapshooters could not complain much.
    Had to be the Canadians!! I met several that I am sure a cougar scream is in their bag of tricks!!
    I think I am the only person not to win a trophy in the White Flyer Handicap-- it was great all the trophys they handed out.
    Looking forward to next year!

6. Kubota Bill

Kubota Bill TS Member

Rich-- Bonetti and Stubbings were 200 in Singles with Bonetti winning and the Big dog was 198 in the Handicap--Daro. I dont remember the Doubles--

7. BuddyTrapChamp

BuddyTrapChamp Member

this was my first year there so much fun

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rich...... Just got back. Gary had a 399 in the doubles events, dropping his LAST doubles target. He beat Kelly for the championship. Gary also won the singles event with 200 and beat Stubbings in the shoot-off for the singles. Daro won the handicaps championship with a 97 I believe, but you need to PM me for the particulars as they are very interesting and I don't yet have all the particulars...... Dan

9. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rich....... I "believe" Daro took the handicap but am unable to confirm it at this time........ Dan

10. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Excellent shoot, great targets, and the Evegreen Club really has done a job on the club. The Evergreen BOD deserves a big "JOB WELL DONE" for all the improvements. The bathrooms, especially, have had a complete makeover and are beautiful. Really a nice facility....... The hall of fame room is very nicely done as well. Dan

11. BBob

BBob TS Member

Soft Touch was there with composite stocks. I would have bought one in a heartbeat, but they do not make one for my Browning XT combo. There are hundreds of Brownings out there. I do not understand why they will not make one to fit the XT's.
    Bill Boblett

12. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The final results are now posted on the PITA website.

13. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Here is the link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.