1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PITA Grand Pacific Gets Industry Support!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FarmerD, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

How could I get a program sent to me Mr. Gunn? Thanks Richard

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Richard..........You can download the events portion of the program from the PITA website at shootpita.com.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Richard.......You can also get a complete program mailed to you by calling Sue Brewer at the PITA office and she would be happy to send you one.....Dan

4. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Im excited...it will be my first big shoot. I'll probably be there tue, thur, and saturday.

5. Toddy

Toddy Member

I'll be there on squad 17....see all of you there.

say, Dan, I'm in the market for a Citori plus at a reasonable price and a combo would be even nicer.
    I still haven't got the BT-100 to fit me yet where I'm comfortable with it but still have that craving for a citori+.

Reg. T., East Sooke, BC

6. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

hey...i see that SKB will have a booth there. What are the chances of them being able to do repairs and updates?

85TSS I just bought was sent to the factory in January for a tune-up but somehow never got the new, shorter firing pins that I've read about. Would be nice to get it fixed without having to send it to Ok.

7. HANGFIRE

HANGFIRE Member

Dan i'm looking for a Pinto Mare about 5 yrs old , Hackamore broke. I have some old Mod A parts that i can trade for it. See you at the PITA Grand -Don Firanzi

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

revsublime, SKB had a table at the OR PITA State Championships. I sensed it was basically a show and tell table not intended for gunsmithing. Worth a look though.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

9. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have over 200,000 registered ATA targets but have never shot at a PITA Shoot. Can I just show up at the Grand Pacific and join the PITA for the first time and be able to shoot?? How can you pre-squad without a PITA number?? Is it necessary to pre-squad to shoot at this tournament??

10. Toddy

Toddy Member

Miketmx,

check out the rules at the website above not that they cover any of your questions but I will try to answer from my own beliefs and some info I inquired about.

You can shoot in the Grand Pacific as a new P.I.T.A. member but your classification will be taken from your ATA card and your handicap will be 1 yard less than your ATA yardage but your class in singles cannot be lower than A Class and doubles no lower than B Class and if your ATA Yardage is lower than 23 then you must shoot your handicap no less than 22 yards.

You will be eligable for all trophies but if you shoot off for a championship trophie and lose then you don't have the luxury of falling back to a special catagory.

This info was received from my Provincial Handicapper, Leo Pike.

As far as the pre-squadding goes you will have to go through our Executive secretary (and she is a great one) Sue Brewer whom you can contact through the website above.

Hope this helps.

Reg. Todd Sr., East Sooke, BC

11. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Thanks Bob! Guess I will have to cross my fingers. Got a feeling that it will just be a show-n-tell table...but maybe if I show up complaining they will pay for someone there to fix it. heh

12. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Thanks RGunn...i was considering the same thing. Probably will just call them.

13. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Miketmx; without the help of any sort of expert, I'll answer your questions as I'd expect you to be handled. Yes, you can show up at the PITA Grand Pacific, join, and shoot just as any beginner at any ATA shoot. It is my belief with the many ATA registered targets, you will shoot your established yardage and classification from the ATA. The "one less yard rule" is one that says members of ATA and PITA will shoot their PITA yardage but not less than one yard closer than their ATA yardage so I'd opine you'll shoot your ATA yardage since you don't have an established PITA yardage. Your averages, again in my opinion, should transfer directly for classifications. Evergreen Gun club has some 32 event traps, what seems like square miles of RV parking, available motels in Olympia and Tumwater WA as well as Centralia some 15 miles south on I-5. It's in a wooded area with fir trees in the far background that can be a distraction to some. Hot days can be humid, there always seems to be a day of drizzle mixed in, shooting is in banks of 4 and you'll move banks from event to event in what seems like a haphazard manner but it will make sense, there's a restaurant on the premises and I'm sure you can pre-squad by contacting Sue Brewer with contact info on the web page - http://www.shootpita.com/ Then click on "contact" on the left side. Competition is strong, many shooters from the ATA attend, but obviously the west coast and Canada are predominently represented.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

14. miketmx

Thanks very much for the information. I will be in Spokane for the ATA Western Zone Shoot on the weekend before the Grand Pacific so I could easily drive a little further West for the PITA Grand Pacific before going back to Edmonton for the Alberta Provincial.

15. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Miketmx...You can email Sue directly. I just this morning received an email from her. She is enjoying "wireless internet" in Fallon, NV as I type this. She will pre-squad you in a heartbeat. If you do make it to the Grand, please look me up as I would enjoy meeting you in person. It's always nice to meet a fellow T/S.com'r in person. I'll be squad leader on squad 56. Maybe we can shoot a practice round together or something? I'll look forward to meeting you, Mike.......Dan Thome (Trap2)

16. woodski

woodski Member

Anybody know if there are going to be any Buddy Shoots Fri or Sat nite maybe? A friend and I did one last year at the state shoot and it was just as fun as the reg. shoot itself. If they have the Industry support as indicated maybe one of them would step up and start a BUDDY SHOOT PLEASE??? Anybody else feel the same? Thanks

17. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

woodski.... There will be Annie Oalkeys, etc. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evening. These normally run from about 7:00 to 10:00pm, I believe. The shooting must stop by 10:00 to keep the neighbors happy. I don't know of any buddy shoots planned, but, there is always a chance the Evergreen Club could be talked into having one on one of these nights if there is enough interest and participation. I know my partner and I would love to shoot them if they are availabe....Dan Thome (Trap2)

18. miketmx

We have not yet decided on going to the shoot, it depends on a possible trip to Vancouver Island to visit relatives. I clicked on the PITA website but the apparent pdf insert for each day is not working for me so just what is the event schedule for each day, we might leave after Fridays events.

19. Nitro Power

Nitro Power TS Member

RMG,
    Are you not the same person (2006 PITA Rookie of the Year) that was having a tantrum and threatening to beat-up one of the more local "Western USA" vendors if he showed up at the Grand Pacific? Now you are expounding the virtues of supporting vendors? The very vendor you were threatening to do bodily harm to is one of these same vendors that supports the PITA and goes out of his way to assist new shooters and youth. Granted not every vendor is perfect all the time for every customer (especially when it comes to vision), but before you shoot off your mouth you should slow down for a minute and think ahead.

I agree the sport greatly needs the support of these vendors and we in turn need to support them. What is happening between the PITA and these industry organizations is a great "shot in the arm" for trapshooting. I anticipate the PITA Grand and the shooters will benefit greatly from this advisory council group. Unfortunately I would never recommend RMG as an industry advisorty council member due to his volitile nature and inability to think ahead of the consequences of his actions.

RMG, I would recommend that you recant your previous statements and threats against Post-4, and approach Mike at the PITA Grand and offer a sincere appology for your actions.

NITRO POWER

20. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Nitro Power...... I know nothing of the rift between RMG and Mike, nor is it any of my business. I will say, however, that Mike is, indeed, one of the "good guys" when it comes to encouraging and supporting the youths of our sport. On more than one or two occassions, Mike has gone out of his way, both personally and financially, to help out our younger shooters. He has my utmost support and admiration as a shooter, and a vendor, that puts his money where his mouth is... Just my opinion.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.