1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pistol Sales Surge

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wireguy, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The link won't work but the story is headlined here:

http://www.drudgereport.com/?/

2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

then when nothing comes about this anti0gun legislation , people will be left with trying to dump off all of these pistols they bought...just like the semi-auto mil. style rifles after O got elected....I see another run on handgun ammo, especially 9mm and 45, and mags...good thing I dumped those calibers. They became safe queens after the '08 election.

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

If there was a fourth-quarter 2010 surge in Smith & Wesson sales, it might have been partially triggered by the 15% first-quarter 2011 price increase that S&W warned its distributors about in October. I'll admit to buying a few like-new pre-lock S&Ws during that period. When new gun prices rise, used gun prices usually follow suit. Additionally, when the current crop of nice no-lock S&Ws is gone, there probably will never be any more.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.