1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

pistol question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by K-GUNS, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

My father has an old semi auto pistol,name says, Juan Esperanzay Pedro Unceta-GUERNICA and the cal is 7.65 and model is 1915 I think ? Sorry no pics.

Just wondering what he has , is it run of the mill or something special ?

The cal 7.65 seems odd to me but he said just use .32 auto . Can you still get the 7.65 ?

The gun is used shows a little age but is in good working order. He said I can have it and if I get it I intend to keep it till I die. Just wondering if anyone has heard of this name and cal ?

Crab

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Sound like an Astra .32 ACP (aka 7.65 Browning) from Spain.

I think they are also called "Ruby", that was made for the French Army after WWI.

3. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

No external hammer and there is another name HOPE on the inside of slide where the shells eject.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Crab? Have you been posting this question on the internet since 2000? I find it all over the place with basically the same question and same answers. If so, what are you really wanting to know about it???

5. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Just talked with my father today and he was asking if I want it-thats it. I never posted anything else about this hand gun anywhere on the net or any place other than right here and now so I do NOT understand your post.

STEVE W,thanks for the answer. Thats pretty much what I was looking for except for a ball park value. Since I get the feel its more of the run of the mill type I'm guessing not much value for me except the family issue. I'll clean it up, maybe a little oil and stick it in the back of the safe for my son-some day-thanks.

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I believe your father has half of a matched pair. The other one is marked "CHANGE". lol

Couldn't resist.

7. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

GoldEx,thats the democrat model. I have the republican.

8. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Thanks Rick. After the DIG from Big M perazzi I looked at google and did see a lot of Q & A about this type of gun, seems they made both internal and external. Guess I should have looked there and not posted here.

Got what I was looking for thanks guys.

crab

9. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it's not particularly collectable, usually runs between $175~275.

10. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Hi Crab,
    This is a quality gun discussion site and feel free to post and ask anything you have a interest in gun related or other wise just post in the right category. I learn a lot of things from questions people ask its a bonus for me do not stop asking a little thick skin is sometimes helpful but the information available here is amazing.

11. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Good point.......

12. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

the answer to your question on the ammo is yes.the 7.65 and the 32auto are the same. i have a ppk walter marked the same way,and if you look at a box of 32auto they will have the metric alternative 7.65 marked also.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    .32 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol) and 7.65 Browning are the same cartridge. One is the common US designation, the other is the common European designation.

14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

crab, You are of course welcome to post your pistol questions on a trapshooting site. It was not meant as a dig, it was meant as a question.

I'd suggest following the 10 year old questions on the I-net and see if they give you greater answers than you will receive here...

Jim

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Her's a link to wikipedia. They have a whole lot of info on the company that nade the gun. Bulge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.