1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pistol Info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by unioncracker, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unioncracker

unioncracker Member

Looked at a 9.5 inch, ruger super redhawk,44 mag, stainless. It has a Nikon Monarch 2-20 scope. Less than 100 rnds fired with a gunmate case. He is asking $650.00. What do you pistol pro's think. Advise most welcome.

Thanks

Buddy

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Ruger = Foooo!

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

It's gonna beat the hell out of your hand. Bulge

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Get a nice Smith and Wesson. HMB

5. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

BIG second for S&W. I have numerous models in various calibers, lengths, etc and love each and every one of them.

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The price is fair. That is a lot of gun to pack around but it probably will be comfortable to shoot and fairly accurate. It would make a decent deer hunting rig if that is what you had in mind.

7. MR.ohiogal

MR.ohiogal TS Member

All my Rugers are excellent shooters, the large grip frame on the Redhawk, helps to control the recoil. I'd put a set of Pachy Presentation grips on the piece to further help. My Redhawk is very accurate with a 7.5" barrel, the 9.5 should be a real thumper. I think it's a good package, ask if you can put a few rounds through it before buying. That will give you a good idea about it's handling and if you like the piece.

Good shopping,
    Jeff

8. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

sale pending

I have 2 Redhawks, a 5-1/2" blue and a 7-1/2" SS and my opinion is that the super redhawk is a little more gun than one needs in a 44 Mg.

Now, it you were talking 454 Casull or 480 Ruger, then the super shines.

Just my thought is all. When it comes to carrying one, I always select the 5-1/2 inch gun.

9. MR.ohiogal

MR.ohiogal TS Member

All my Rugers are excellent shooters, the large grip frame on the Redhawk, helps to control the recoil. I'd put a set of Pachy Presentation grips on the piece to further help. My Redhawk is very accurate with a 7.5" barrel, the 9.5 should be a real thumper. I think it's a good package, ask if you can put a few rounds through it before buying. That will give you a good idea about it's handling and if you like the piece.

Good shopping,
    Jeff

10. MR.ohiogal

MR.ohiogal TS Member

How'd that happen,,,,,
    Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.