1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pistol Grip ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Nickelshot, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Nickelshot

Nickelshot TS Member

Hoping someone could tell me what the pistol grip material is on the shotguns shown in the attached photo is and the type of sports tape that is being used to secure the grips...Thanks much for any help...
    [​IMG]

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    As a guess, it looks like a Pachmayr or similar for a revolver that's been skinned off the metal insert and wrapped around the wood, with some mods to fit. Maybe a Blackhawk grip?

3. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

Looks like a kickeze grip and Wilson tennis racket tape.

4. mad_dawg

mad_dawg Member

...looks like vet wrap and branded self-fusing silicone tape.

5. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Nickelshot,

I guess I could "help" answer the question, because these are my competition guns and the picture is from one that I posted a few days ago for a gentleman looking for photos of guns in a gun rack. Couldn't find the overall, whole gun pics, but I had this one on TS.com

The pistol grip are made by a company I "think" used to be D & E, or something like that. They are sorbothane grip-extension, they make the pistol grip a little more straight down like on Perazzi's. They come with some pieces of double-stick tape on the inside, but it never seemed to hold them on well, so I buy rolls of Wilson tennis wrap tape and cut them into pieces that will hold all the edges smooth along the buttstock. I also add some very sticky double-stick tape all over the inside of this extension.

I talked with Donna Battenfield at the Southwestern Grand a year or so ago, and was told the company that made these grip extension is NOT doing them anymore. Problem with the sorbothane and the quality control issues. Was only getting one or two good ones for every ten or so they made, wasn't working out for them anymore, so I haven't seen anything like these in a while. I have actually taken them off buttstocks and moved to other guns, and never had any issues wit them being moved to another stock. Sure like the way they feel.

Sorry for running on so long, just thought you might like "the rest of the story !" (my apologies to the late Paul Harvey)

Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Victoria (Texas) Skeet and Trap Club

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

There is some stuff called "Rat Grip." It works very good for wrapping the grip.

Search tags for this page
gun tape grip shotgun
pistol grip skeet
rat grips for shotguns

rat grips shotgun

shotgun pistol grip skeet