1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pistol grip modifications for small hands?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    I have always had small hands and short fingers. One of the biggest problems I have always had was pistol grips on shotguns being cut so far back that I have trouble reaching the trigger.

For years I used velcro to get me closer to the trigger as far as even cutting off the pistol grip on my shotgun and moving it up closer to the trigger. I have used epoxy to have the pistol grip not fall off the gun then.

Obviously, when I do this the stock is forever ruined for possible resale. Do any of you have the same problem reaching the trigger? If so, how do you correct this situation, also what type of materials do you use for any modifications for this problem?
    Steve Balistreri

2. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

Steve I have the same problem. I don't know what kind of gun you shoot but I went to a BT99 micro and it does just fine for me. You also can spend the big bucks and get a custom stock made. I choose to go to a cheaper gun which I can shoot about as well as my more expensive gun.

Dave

3. rrose

rrose TS Member

senior smoke' I have the same problem, the rat grips are a good solution and Wenig Ladies Style stocks have a smaller grip radius. I have one for my 1100 and it is perfect for me. You can also get regular LOP if you are not short armed. You can get an inletted and unfinished stock for not a lot of money and keep busy this winter getting it finished for your gun and be ready for spring.

4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

bird30:
    I take a lop of 13.25". That's a good idea about shooting a possible BT99 micro. What is the stock length on the micro? I have been shooting for years a Remington 870 TB. Years ago I shoot model 12's and 31's.
    Steve

rosebuster:
    I will contact Wenig and see if I can get an unfinished 870 stock that will fit my hand. I am 5'8" tall, I take a 36 inch sleeve length, but I have a 56 inch chest, the reason I only take a 13.25 " stock.
    Thanks,
    Steve

5. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

Steve look at your PM.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

grip adjustment for pistol shooters with small hands

gun grip for small hands

small gun shootinggrip