1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

++++PISTOL GRIP ADD ON

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMOKEIT, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

++Who sells those rubber grips that glue on to the front of shotgun grips to shorten the distance from hand to trigger?
    Thanks SMOKIT

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I think it may be Rat Grips. Anyway, the link is above so you can see if that's what you are looking for.

This is "dverna's" gun from here on ts.com

grntitan_2009_250389.jpg

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

grntitan You have a pm Joe

4. SMOKEIT

I checked Meadows Industries and they are not showing any glue on grips. SMOKIT

5. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Those are some interesting comb spacers on that first picture.

6. SMOKEIT

Thanks for the offer Steve..I am not looking for a palm swell What I am looking for wraps around the pistol grip....SMOKIT

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

smokit,

The Rat grip material can be taken off with no damage to the stock. It is easily molded to whatever configuration you desire. I have had it on for about 10 months and am pleased with it.

About the only downside (besides being ugly), could be, if left on for a long period of time, the finish will not be affected by UV and will not "fade" like the rest of the gun.

PM me if you have any questions.

Don Verna

8. SMOKEIT

Thanks for the info about rat grip..I am ready to try this . When I got to their web site I see that they offer 5 packages..Which one do I order?....SMOKIT

9. SMOKEIT

10. rrose

rrose TS Member

smokit
    I have 2 of the rubber grip add ons that you are asking about but i can not remember who made them and they are glued onto 2 stocks of mine. They are kinda like a rubber wedge shape that fills in the pistol grip area.
    I have not seen them offered anywhere in a while. They do not stick as they are you you have to glue them or tape them and that is often not a good idea. The rat grips on the other hand you can heat and take off or reshape as you want. I also recently bought one of the $100 kits but have not yet molded it on my gun.
    I did not like that flat on the bottom so I cut it off but am not sure how that is going to turn out.
    I think most people would be happy with the less costly sheets and you can cut them into smaller peaces and then make up the grip shape that works best. I plan on trying a few smaller peaces to shape and then covering them with one larger peace to get it like I want. good luck, randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.