1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

pistol ammo shortage

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Catpower, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catpower

Catpower Well-Known Member

People are buying everything is sight as far as guns and ammo, if we can slide by with out some stupid new law the prices should return to normal
  2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I have 13 boxes of 9x18 makarov by Norinco for sale. $13 abox shipped if you take it all. Jeff
  3. slic lee

slic lee Member

LEARN TO RELOAD THEN YOU CAN SHOOT ALLDAY FOR 60% LESS. LEE
  4. Luvs2shoot

Luvs2shoot Active Member

Last year through the winter months I remember MidwayUSA having very little ammo in stock. I presume there has been increased buying with talk of more gun control. However, I think some of this may be retailers wanting or holding a very low inventory until they are past tax time for those states that still have inventory tax, or manufacturers slowing or stopping production near the end of each year. Last year it seemed as though ammo was plentiful by March or April. Don't know if that is it, just a thought.
  5. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

Slic Lee....that is until the reloaders make a run on supplies. While I am an avid reloader, I believe a large percentage of shooters are reluctant to attempt it whether it be for lack of knowledge or they feel it easier to buy new ammo off the shelf. Reloading can save money, but it for me is more about availability of ammo as well as an extension of my shooting hobby. Reloading is fun.
  6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I do both. I reload pistol, rifle and shot shells as well as buy new when I find a deal. A Wal Mart in the local Midwest had Federal 230 grain FMJ .45's in a 100 pack for $32.95/ea. this last weekend. Yes, I took advantage of that deal. They didn't have many though and they have none now as I went back to get more. Should have bought them while I was there.
  7. shadow

shadow Active Member

No shortage here. 5000+ .45 Match cases and 500 llbs of wheelweights and assorted other stuff to go with it.
  8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The reloaders have already made a run on supplies. I've been searching for supplies the last couple days that were 1. In Stock and 2. Not retail+ prices.

Over the last couple days I've managed to order enough to last me a while, and beg some small rifle primers from a friend.

Currently waiting to ship are: 8lb 748, 8lb HP-38 (for my buddy), 500 Hornady Z-Max 50gr .224, and 1400 Hornady SPSX 50gr .224 (wasn't going to buy 1400, but they had 14 boxes in stock, and every time I've ordered something in the last couple weeks, I was regretful a couple days later that I didn't order more).

Assuming everything on order actually ships, I should be set for about 2500 rounds of 223.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.