1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pirates!?!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Smity, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smity

Smity Member

4 more ships hijacked in the last 48 hours?

I don’t understand why there is a pirate problem. Somebody needs to teach these sailors how to shoot! …or better yet, I’ll ride along for only $100k per trip. Much cheaper than the pirates and I’ll get in some good target practice.

Smity

2. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

It's interesting that some of the news media have hinted at giving the pirates what they want, thinking they will go away. The news suggests if they have guns, it takes a lot longer to go through something like "customs" or a "canal", and make the total voyage longer which would mean more $$$$. I guess I'm just too old to understand the "new world" logic of giving into the criminal element, or "go along, to get along". Michael

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

It's the "Yes We Can" mentality....

Curt

4. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

From my Navy days, I seem to remember that International Maritime Law forbids merchant ships/crews to be armed. All stemming from the "peace talks" during the post WWII treaty signings. It was a way to separate privately owned shipping assets to the armed Naval vessels..That is why most countries bordered by an ocean or sea have their own armed Navy! LB (USN-Ret) 1972-1994

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.