1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PILLA Shooting Glasses...any opinions?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bob Schultz, Oct 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I know I'm getting into dangerous territory here...asking for opinions on TS.com is like playing with matches in a hay barn. However, I am thinking of adding the Pilla Sport glasses to our product line and would like your thoughts.

I know they are expensive ... so is everything else we like to play with.

From what I have personally seen and tried they are exceptionally well made and the colors really help make the targets clearer.

I would appreciate any input you might have regarding quality, value, service or function.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I've tried them all. Ranger (Original, Plus, XL, and XLW), Decot, Zeiss, Oakley (M-Frame and Radar), and probably a couple others that I'm forgetting.

I'm currently using the HDSpex Panther Post, and I can say with confidence it is the first set of glasses I have been 100% satisfied with. I didn't buy them because of the hype, or the claims of improved vision, enhanced targets, ect, I bought them because they are one of the few frames that fit my face correctly, and don't interfere with my field of vision.

3. Doc G

Doc G Member

I also have the Panther Post and really like them. They are fully adjustable and very comfortable and I believe the optics are superior to anything I've ever used previously. The system of classifying the lenses based upon percentage of light transmission is unique and very effective.

With the wrap-around style of the Panthers, wearing blinders is difficult, but not impossible if you're willing to make your own.

I would heartily endorse them.

Doug Gormley

4. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

They aren't cheap but quality seldom is. The best money that I've spent this year. I love them. Neil Swenson

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

I had both Panthers and Pumas. They did not fit my fat head correctly and when the spring temple piece on the Panthers froze up the good folks at HiDefSpexs wanted $150 to replace their lifetime guarantied frame because I had sweated on them which caused them to fail after less than 6 months. What a joke. I replaced the frame and sold them at a loss. Bought the Pumas for the max orange lenses which do work but the same issue with fit. Sold them at a loss to recover some of my money.

As a business man you will probably do OK with sales just be prepared to take heat from dissatisfied customers who will take their anger out on you for shoddy over priced merchandise with very poor customer service.

Good Luck --- Chip King ---

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I think the business question to ask is whether the product fills a "void" in your product lineup and can you support that product's price point?! If your contract requires no minimum purchase and/or offers the ability to drop ship/special order as necessary... no downside to adding the product to your stable.

regards,

Jay

7. Bob Schultz

Jay,

The downside is the 5 Grand I have to lay out to buy in!! And the potentially worse downside is a product that my customers don't get great service on after the sale. I have been selling eye wear for 20 years and have no issues with the companies we now have as suppliers. Pilla is the new (sort of) kid on the block and with the price points they offer I want to be absolutely sure they will deliver for my customers.

The price point is a bit high but if the performance is there and the service is there it will work.

Thanks for the input,

Bob

8. finger

finger TS Member

Bob: I purchased a full set of Panther specs with rx insert when HiDefSpex first came out with them several years ago. Fancy metal box and all. I am very pleased with them yet today. Never have had a cause to bother the good folks re customer service. I'm gonna soon tho...my rx is changing with age.

Expensive? Yes. I love em. Is it worth it for you to add to your line? I never try to tell a good business man how to run his shop. bob

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Bob:

That was my point... $5K buy in?! I suppose if you could "pre-sell" a good portion of the buy-in, that would limit your exposure...

The main question remains, how many customers are you losing to Pilla/HDS and what would be the estimated time to break even adding Pilla/HDS to your product stable...

If customers aren't beating down your door to buy Pilla, then maybe its not the time to add an unknown variable into your business plan.

Jay

10. Bob Schultz

Thanks Jay. I appreciate your input.

Bob

11. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Why is it a 5k buy-in? I know of two dealers in my state and I am sure neither one of them had to pay that sum. Neil

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I've replaced my Decot's and Rangers with the Pilla Hawks. the Decot's and Rangers were great, but, for me, the wraparound no blind spot lenses greatly enhanced my shooting vision.

Jim Chapman

hell, Michigan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
hds shooting glasses
pilla glasses
pilla glasses review
pilla max orange review
pilla shooting glasses for sale

pilla shooting glasses review

pilla shooting glasses reviews