1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pikes Peak Gun Club Expansion & Upgrades!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SongDogSniper, Sep 11, 2013.

1. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

To go along with the good news from the political front (recall elections), Pikes Peak Gun Club in Colorado Springs will be expanding and upgrading.

Thanks in large part to the success of their recent "larger" shoots and a lead reclamation project, the board has seen fit to approve the building of 5 new trap fields, plus the addition of lights for night shooting on several trap and skeet fields. Dirt will start to move this weekend and the light poles are already set.

That will bring their capacity up to 14 trap fields, 5 skeet fields, bunker trap, sporting clays, 5-stand, and rifle/pistol/archery burms.

I would be remiss if I didn't give credit to a few folks (I'm sure some of you know), Delbert Richardson was a new addition as manger a few years ago and has really swung the whole club around in a new direction. The trap committee, lead by Dan Treat & Mike Herman, runs very smooth and rewarding shoots for everyone who attends. All of the staff are very passionate about the shooting sports and their work shows it everyday.

I will update as I learn more or new information comes available.

Gene

2. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

nice to see, congrats

3. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

Good to see Gene. Will we be seeing a bid to host the Colorado State Shoot come from you guys? From comments on another thread a while back a shoot down the Springs would draw folks from a few more places than the drive to Delta does. Have to see.

Maybe start a thread reminding folks that the Colorado State Trapshooting Association Zone Shoot is the weekend of September 20, 21, and 22 and that everyone in the visual range of these electrons is welcome to come to the IWL Pikes Peak Gun Club to compete?

See you there.

Don T, Littleton CO

4. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Don........

Hmmmmmmmm ...... Hadn't even considered that ....... I wonder if they've discussed it at all.(Smirk-Wink)

I have posted info on the State Zone Shoot in the appropriate catagory and have supplied a link above. Presquad is open for the shoot.

See you then!

5. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

My year spent in the Springs was made far better by joining Pike Peak Gun Club! What a great place to shoot and a wonderful bunch of shooters. Didn't take long either for me to adjust to the background and occasional 45 mph wind. :eek:) When and if you ever got bored standing at the line, all you had to do was look over your shoulder to the Peak. Congrats to Pike Peak Gun Club!

blade819 PPGC 2009 - 2010

6. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

I feel sure a good many N.M. & Texas shooters would come to the Springs to shoot the CO. State Shoot. DELTA is to DARN far from us. JMO Joe joe90t

7. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

And AWAAAAY we go!!!!!
    [​IMG]