1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pigeon shooters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gun fitter, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Are the top pigeon shooters one or two eye shooters?
    Joe

2. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Both eyes open is the only possible way to shoot live birds fast. Ask any of the winners.

3. jbshep

jbshep Member

A one eyed shooter can do pretty well by putting tape across the top glass of the off eye; then keep head off stock and peek under the tape to see the bird come out, drop head to stock and swing on the bird with the tape then blocking the off eye.

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Both eyes wide open...a string of Barnaby's cannot be visualized with only one!!

Curt

5. bhuber

bhuber TS Member

I know both one eyed and two eyed winners in Live Pigeons. Depends on the draw alot of times. You got to kill all the easy ones and most of the hard ones to win at a Pigeon shoot. One of the fastest shooters I know shoots one eyed so the speed theory is not valid.

Brent Huber

6. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Brent this fast shooter is he one of the best say top five in a calcutta?
    Joe

7. bhuber

bhuber TS Member

In most Pigeon Shoots the Calcutta only pays top 3 places (if you have a tie for 1st money they only split 1st money, 2nd money goes to the next highest score and so on so you could have multiple people tie for each place and split the money up). Anyway being really fast isn't always the best, sometimes if you start shooting to fast you may hit a bird and knock him down but you have already wasted your second barrel so he could get enough energy to fly out of the ring and you don't have another barrel to kill him with. The guy I know that shoots really fast usually places in the Calcutta but on occasion he may burn his second barrel to quick and not place.

I also shoot one eyed and have placed and won a few shoots. When I first started I tried to shoot both barrels as fast as I could and it cost me a few birds. Now I shoot my first barrel as soon as I can get on the bird and try to not burn my second barrel to fast. There is a fine line between being to fast and being to slow. You just kind of have to go with what is working for you on a certain day. If it is windy then the faster the better. There really isn't a science to it, it is all about getting a good draw and killing as many as you can.

Brent Huber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.