1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pigeon preparation and recipies?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bruce Em, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

WHy wouldnt farm raised, corn fed pigeons bee good to eat?

NOT city pigeons,

How would you prepare them?

Breasting is easy

Soak and marinate in what to de blood them?

How to cook?

Just a thought

2. Mike

Mike Member

Marinade in a mix of raspberry wine vinegarette and terriyaki, then wrap breast with a piece of bacon, apply BBQ sauce, grill on barbecue. Mik

3. markc2

markc2 Member

Wild pigeons are just an oversized dove. My son and I have shot many "farm" pigeons on dove hunts, and they eat just as good, only bigger. Marinate the breast in Italian dressing, wrap in a strip of bacon, and grill to a juicy medium rare... YUM.

Mark

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Bake four and twenty in a pie.<br>
    <br>
    Oh, wait, that's crows. My bad.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Cook with Brick-------eat Brick. YUCK

6. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

While in China, I helped prepare several crates of pigeons for a banquet...

Build a wood fire in a large fire ring, cut off the pideons' wings and sear off the feathers over the open fire. Dunk the bodies (heads, feet etc.) in a large tub of local BBQ sauce (Hoisin, chili sauce, some sugar and some Chinese wine). When the fire has died to coals, return the birds to a grate over the coals and cook until crispy. With a cleaver, cut the birds crosswise in 3 or 4 pieces and serve on a large platter with extra sauce. Eat the meat, spit out the bones, suck out the brains, use the claws as tooth picks.

Carol Lister

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

sear the breast fillets in butter with shallots and garlic, and minced Portabella mushrooms and 1/4 cup burgundy wine until brown on outside and wine has reduced, remove and set aside the breasts ..salt and pepper to taste and roll in flour......go back to pan and add a little more butter and cook mushrooms another 5 mnutes..then add a half cup of condensed milk, a half cup beef broth and slowly add brown gravy mix packet after liquid comes up to very warm...about halfway through adding the gravy packet ..put meat back into gravy ...add another 1/3rd cup of burgundy and continue adding rest of gravy mix under low heat keep stirring until gravy is the thickness you desire..(you can lighten gravy with sifted white flour for a milder flavore but slowly adding a teaspoons before gravy reach your desired thickness......serve over rice or egg noodles(my favorite)with crusty artisan bread and herb butter for dipping!...save some of the noodle or rice water to use for thinning the gravy if you plan on leftovers to need reheating so you can thin the gravy ..try it ..you'll love it

8. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Farm pigeons/city pigeons = Rock Doves. Now then here is a little anecdote about racing pigeons. I was working in the tool room at Jeep in Toledo and somebody gave my friend George several cull racing pigeons and George being who he was ate them and then to top it off he brought in those little feet with there bands still on them and placed them on his workbench with the story that he shot all of them because they pooped on his wifes laundry. Well it was to piss off the pigeon racers that congregated at noon hour and made a lot of noise talking about their pigeons nsd keeping everyone awake during quiet time of lunch hour! He had one particular person in mind to piss off, it was a fellow that had pimped him way back during their apprenticeship days. That fellow went nuts trying to find out the band numbers so he could tell whoever it was what had hapended to his pigeons. George was very good at getting even. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.