1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pidgeon Shoots In PA

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by TOOLMAKER 251, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

One of those bills is the banning of shooting a tethered bird (holding device fixed to the birds leg)

2. robtranter

robtranter TS Member

It is a straight out attempt to ban pigeon shoots and from the same people who ultimately want to ban hunting and gun ownership.

3. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

anyone interested should belong to the Pennsylvania Flyers Association. They work very hard and very effectivly to stay on top of this situation.
    E-mail me if you are interested in joining.

4. TOOLMAKER 251

One legislator who supports this bill came to our club meeting and spoke to us about what the bill was about. It appears the bill is to ban tethered bird shooting. He is a life member of the NRA and a active hunter. He is also the rep. from our area and would be committing political suicide for supporting a ban on outright pidgeon shooting. His intent was to get an idea on what sportsman thought of tethered shooting.

5. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

Exactly what is the reason for tethered bird shooting?

6. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

7. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

<blockquote>"...Are you for this ban also maybe against hunting in general?..."</blockquote>

If you directed this question at me, I don't live in Pennsylvania and I don't care about pigeon shoots one way or the other. I was curious about the bill and your statement and looked it up to give it a read. I grew up in Alaska, near Talkeetna. I've killed and eaten my share of game.

Carol Lister

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Line 16 seems to prohibit box birds, and I never heard of shooting tethered birds.

Have they heard of columbaire (hand-thrown) shooting yet?

For the record, 2 trapshooting greats, Rudy Etchen and Frank Little were enthusiastic flyer shooters,and I am sure there are a lot more.

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Carol

If you don't care about another discipline or sport, remember those who would eliminate all hunting and shooting sports are in lock step. We stumble around and only care about OUR shooting sport.

They will take ONE bite at a time until they have destroyed the whole culture.

Having once raised livestock for slaughter, while also being an avid hunter in my younger days, I can say it is much more humane to harvest game with a well placed shot than what is done to an animal in a slaughter house.

If you were in Alaska, you harvested and ate some REAL food. :^)

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I've read it, and it is most certainly an attempt to stop boxed bird shoots. At box bird shoots, the birds are loaded into launching boxes which could also be called a "trap". Remember, they use barn pigeons which are considered vermin, and one of the worst disease spreading creatures in a barn. Most farm raised folks will shoot one if they get a chance, especially in dairy and steer operations.

11. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

One time in Erie, Pa. there was a bunch of people feeding the pigeons and everyone thought they were soooo cool. Then one of them pooped on some old fella and then everyone wanted to shoot them(the pigeons, not the old people)!! If they pass these new laws these old folks will not be able to defend themselves and that is just wrong!!!...Thank you...........Uncle Sam, Pa.

12. EuroJoe

PA is NOT the last state where Pigeon shooting is permitted!!!!!

13. TOOLMAKER 251

I sent my state representative an email over the weekend about the misinformation that was given to us at a club meeting last month. He said he was given a line of bullshit by the ASPCA and retracted his support behind this bill. It is an outright ban on pigeon shooting and he seems confident the bills will go no where. Its up to the Pa. shooters weather you shoot pigeons or not to contact their legislators and let them know how you feel. If they would succeed in passing this bill into law stocked bird shooting would be next.(regulated shooting)

14. EuroJoe

It's not the ASPCA that's the problem, they're OK. The bad guys are the USHS, the Humane Society of the US. They lie like crazy.

15. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Will never pass.

203 House Reps in PA House
    50 Senators in PA Senate

We still live in the stone age in PA because of PA's HUGE government.

Can't hunt on Sunday, Can't buy beer in a food store.

Nothing ever gets passed or changed in PA. Remember the Gun registration bill that never passed?

It will never happen. Not in the Great Commonwealth of PA.

Biggest Government in the Union and decreasing in pop every year.

16. B V

B V TS Member

Bucpride,
    Wegmans and Sheetz are selling beer in food stores in Pa.

17. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

<blockquote>"Bucpride, Wegmans and Sheetz are selling beer in food stores in Pa."</blockquote>
    Actually, they're selling the beer from businesses that occupy part of the same structure as the stores but that are segregated from the stores and so are technically separate entities. There are also a number of franchised grocery stores that are selling liquor at State-run liquor stores that open into the grocery store and display wines in the grocery store itself. We saw them on our way through PA last year.

Carol Lister

18. zarathrusta

zarathrusta TS Member

I thought deleting posts and changing names meant a person was a coward (you know who you are). LMF@#$%AO!

19. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

REverend Zara Has Spoke !

20. zarathrusta

zarathrusta TS Member

And is still laughing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.