1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pictures ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by XP100, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Why do people want pictures when a gun or other item is listed FS. Most of the time there is a complete description including any flaws. Sometimes ad says 98% or 99%condition or NIB and several people still want pictures that usually don't show minor flaws on a used item.
    Do they collect pictures or do they want to be sure the poster has the item. I have had 3 people want pictures of the new in package choke tube I have listed. Its still in the Browning tube in the blister pack.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I believe you need photos to sell guns, wood etc but a choke tube NIB ????

3. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

One man's description of "mint" is sometimes the same as another's description of "rode hard and put up wet."

Seeing is believing, and a picture is worth a thousand words.

"New in package" should pretty well be self explanatory, though...

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

It keeps the seller honest. Not necessarily you but there are those that are not always honest.

There have been several incidences of less than honest method to sell what they want to sell.

As an example you said,

"I have had 3 people want pictures of the new in package choke tube I have listed. Its still in the Browning tube in the blister pack"

You will of course understand I am using your statement to prove a point. When you put this on for sale there were no pictures. I don't know you and you post that you have listed a new in the package choke tube for sale.

Right a way this sends a red flag up in my mind. I ask myself why would someone sell a new choke tube that is still in the package. Light go on and I say get a picture or pictures and see what gives. Is he right about what tube he actually has and is it the same as I have.

It is just another way of protecting one's self that and other reasons are why I want to see pictures.

Bob Lawless

5. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Ever hear the story of the blind man describing an Elephant? There are about 5 different styles and types of Browning choke tubes. Just my

6. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

If you take the time to list an item for sale and expect someone to purchase your item then take time to post a pic. I would never buy anything I can't see.
    Chris

7. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

New Inv+ IM flush tube in the original package pretty much says it all. I have several is why I am selling them.
    I have dial up and its a PITA to download pictures of NIB stuff.

8. Ljutic 4 Ice

Ljutic 4 Ice TS Member

XP100, it's easy when you're holding the package in you hand. I understand about the pain of posting a picture. But if you did, I could tell if it's a Browning brand, Brily, Wright, Colonial. They all make a Inv+ flush tube. From your description, I don't know what you have for sure. Just a thought, Thanks David/

9. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Its states Browning. If it was Briley, Wright or Colonial I would have put in the ad Briley Inv.+ flush choke.

10. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

I like books with pictures....

11. 700X-user

700X-user Member

XP-100,

I survived dial-up for years. If you reduce the pixel size of your photo it really isn't a pita! I have bought and sold for years on Ebay, I would never consider selling anything without a photo and I would never consider buying anything without a photo either. It's the cost of doing business.

Ed

12. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

Wellllll, "a picture is worth a thousand words"!!!!

Allen

13. Psycho

Psycho TS Member

Like nobody ever used a phoney picture !

14. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Once upon a time, not that many years ago, the ts.com clan souly trusted one another when buying and selling to each other. Then out of the dark a political administration arose and now what is made everyday and can be seen on a multitude of websites still needs more pics. But just like the illusions of politicians, pictures can be deceiving when the truth is not to be known!