1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pictures of Cerakote finish

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slugbug1, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

There has been some discussion about Cerakote on here, so I thought I would share these pics. This is my wifes old Mono serial number 1117. It needed another blue job, so we looked for something that would last a little longer.
    This is two tone stainless and satin aluminum done by Glenrock blue in Glenrock Wyoming. Cost was only $300, and it took 30 days. This is a really good option if you want something a little different that will also last like forever. Pick your colors, there are lots of them. GaryL.
    slugbug1_2008_0303165.jpg

slugbug1_2008_0303166.jpg

slugbug1_2008_0303167.jpg

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

WOW!!! I like it. I like it alot. Looks rugged.

MAtt

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

They did a beautiful job. Some don't. NIC did one of my Pgun OU barrel sets in Solcom blue (mine was done with more shine) and it's a great finish so far. Looks like the Glenrock folks really know what they are doing with the stuff.

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I've heard great things about Glenrock Wyoming, I didn't know they do Cerakote too.

I have this great experience with Cerakote on an old MX-8.

Done by Kentucky Gun Coating Co.

Complete gun with two tone finish, disassemble & reassemble included @$165.00

Turn over time was 10 days. They even did some gunsmith work for me for free. I have absolutely no complain about their services.

stevew_2008_030346.jpg

stevew_2008_030351.jpg

IMO, Cerakote is the best, most cost effective way to refinish non-collectable firearms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.