1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pictures in a Thread?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JonP, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonP

JonP Member

Can some one add a simple list to this thread in the order of clicks, machinations, body-english, etc. that need to be done to add a picture in this block?

Thanks for your time.

Jon

2. Big Tom

Big Tom TS Member

You first have to upload your pictures to a web server. If your internet account comes with web server space (most do) then use that. Or you can use a picture album site like Photobucket.com. Either way, once your picture is uploaded, and you can type a URL into your browser that causes the picture to display, then you copy that URL into the "Image URL" block directly above the block where you type your message. Pretty simple?

Tom

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I think I can make this as easy a possible.
    First you need to have a on-line photo account. Then you need to upload you photos to said account. Once there you can decide if you want the photo to show up first and then text, you would copy and paste URL line to your Image URL above.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Now if you want to have the pic show up in the text, you would copy and paste the TAG line

into your text. Make sure you have a few spaces between the end of your sentence and the beginning and end of the TAG line.

If you have a Yahoo email account you can also use Flickr. You can log in with your Yahoo account. http://www.flickr.com/

Hope this clears up the photo thing.

Jerbear

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

5. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jerbear,

Can you tell us what is the third line used for?

Ed Yanchok

6. Big Tom

Big Tom TS Member

Thats where you put the URL of the picture that is sitting on your server. You can only post one picture per thread doing it that way, but thats usually all you need.

Tom

7. JonP

JonP Member

Thanks guys. I do use Yahoo but never messed with its photo account - if I even have one , do I?

Never had the need to use it until now.

Jon

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Put card in reader, open photobucket, click on browse, search locations for your photo in the photobucket window, select and "open" and then save to photobucket. Or store the photo from your reader into a file on the hard drive or wherever then open photobucket, click on browse, find photo file and photo you want, and save to photobucket. This off the top of my head so be flexible....Bob Dodd

9. jalu

jalu Member

10. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

The question I have is, why do I read in threads about " what do you think about the photo?". But I can't see any photos in the threads. Just like the post a picture your favorite trap shooting female. Out of 50+ posts, I can only see less than 10 photos, even though the poster talks about an invisible picture to me. Is my firewall blocking them? Or do I need to set something to allow cookies? I'm no computer whizzz that's for sure. Thanks David

11. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

David :

Yes you are correct about the fire wall blocking the pictures because it does the same to me also but when I disable the fire wall and then hit refresh on the page then I can see all the pictures that the posters are talking about.

I haven't went to the trouble yet to find out how to have it to accept the pictures on this site yet.

It will show the single pictures but not the more than 1 per post for me.

Foghorn

12. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Pup_Pic1_edited test

13. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

not simple enough for me...would love to post some pics, but not interested in all the machinations of an "account" on another server......my dial-up is so slow, I'd just be spending even more time on this site!!!

14. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

ljutic73
    Hey just email me and I will send some picture posting instructions and also copy jerbears first post because it will make sense after you read the info.

I am an amatuer at it but I think I got the hang of it now so if you need help then give me an email.

Foghorn

15. jd288

jd288 TS Member

Thanks Jerbear Picture instructions are detailed and simple. Even I got it now.

16. DanS.

DanS. TS Member

friend used a chain saw to make this.

17. Big Tom

Big Tom TS Member

Don't see your picture.

18. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

shoot4fun
    So why did the friend make the little red x for with a chain saw.

Ok couldn't help it just had to ask.

foggy

19. DanS.

DanS. TS Member

can you see it now ?

20. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

shoot4fun

Yes now I see it looks pretty cool and a whole lot better than the Red X.

Sorry about the other post but thought the animation was right for the post.

Foggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.