1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pictures from hell !!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ysr_racer, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Greetings All,

These days Southern California can certainly be no worse than Dante's Inferno. But contrary to what you've seen on TV, we are surviving.

Sunday night was the worst when the fire was about a mile from our home, but thankfully burned the other direction.

The winds seemed to have died down tonight, so hopefully we're in for some cooler weather.

Pray for the fire fighters, they need it.

These were from Sunday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

It actually rained today for about five minutes. Maybe G-d heard our prayers.

This picture says it all, palm trees in the foreground, scorched earth in the background. This is near the corner of Ridgeline and Santiago Canyon rd, by Cooks Corner.

[​IMG]

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pictures. Glad your home was spared.

Looking at the bright side of things, the people in the areas which burned probably won't have to worry about a major forest fire for the next 8 to 10 years because there won't be any fuel to burn. OTOH, look out for mudslides in these same areas in the coming months.

4. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

All the destruction is hard to imagine. My best hopes go out to all those folks affected.

5. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

My son helped make this plane, Tanker 910, a converted Wide Body DC 10. They carry 10 times more fire retardant than any other aircraft in use. They can lay a line 300 feet wide by 1 mile long. But government red tape keeps them from fighting fires on Federal lands. After this summer I bet they get approval. Thank you Governor Schwarzenegger for allowing this experiment; 25+ succesful flights on these fires this Fall. AJ

6. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

Why can we spend millions for surpression and not one dollar for prevention? The answer is very simple, air quality control people who would rather have us breath the air of half a million acres rather than a couple thousand for prevention and so called enviormentalist who want to leave everything as natural. Well, this is nature at her worse and the results are devistating. I am so sick and tired of this BS as I know the same thing is going to happen here (Lake county) in northern California. I'm sitting right below a tinder box and its going to happen here without any prevention. Sorry for getting on my soap box but I've been saying this for years and nothing happens.
    Dan

7. hairy

hairy TS Member

coyote268, when you say this is nature at her worst, that's true but it's also the way nature has been since long before anyone built any houses in those area's. You're correct when you talk about prevention.

When people build houses on the Gulf coast, then seek help when a hurricane destroys their home, they seem to forget that hurricanes have been occuring there since time began.

8. smartass

smartass TS Member

Just think of the global warming. I'll bet the earth's temperature will rise at least 50 degrees, but I'll have to ask Al Bore to be sure.

9. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

Hairy, you're right. The real problem where I live is that people build out in the brush and are the first ones to stop any controlled or prescription burning for fire protection. Of course they are the first ones to scream the loudest when fire hits and they don't think they were protected enough. Another part goes to the planners who allow these homes to be built in these areas withoug any safeguards. Our board of Supervisors has literally begged the State and Federal agencies to preform more burning but it has fallen on deaf ears. All the agencies point to another agency as so goes the BS's again. I can hardly wait to get my next homeowners bill. We are going to pay through the nose for this.
    Dan

10. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I knew it. I knew it. Last Monday in the middle of the night, as the fires were raging down the mountainside toward our home, we were putting our valuables in the car. I told my wife: Its those God Damn liberals. I just KNOW they are responsible for these fires. Thanks you guys for confirming it. Jake

11. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

You guys in California are in our prayers,it seems too often the fires ravage.
    Jack form alberta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.