1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

picture of Beretta mobile choke

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mette56, Jul 23, 2013.

1. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Will someone please post a picture of a Beretta Auto 303 or older mobile choke out of the barrel?

thanks,

milt

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

"It should be mentioned that two other choke types saw a limited use. Supplied with some 302 and 303 models shotguns was an early version of the Mobilchoke where the tube body was not threaded but smooth. This type tube was dropped into the muzzle end of the barrel and secured by collar threaded onto the barrel muzzle. This tube type is no longer available from Beretta. The second type was offered on an early version of the DT-10 shotgun made specifically for trap, this shotgun was known as the Vandalia model. These tubes are similar in size to the Optima choke flush tube but are not interchangeable with them. We still carry replacement tubes for this specific model."

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Here is one I found online. Mark

[​IMG]

4. B-23-C

B-23-C Member

[​IMG]

Here's one.

5. mette56

looks like some extend, some don't. what is length from muzzle down into barrel? Is it considered a "long" choke tube? The tube shown by B-23-C looks to be a longer shank than the one shown by BigM???
    milt

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

almost all original Beretta chokes were the 'internal' type which did not extend beyond the muzzle. later, the extended choke tubes became popular with sporting clays shooters, many who insist on changing chokes easily.

either one works well..

My old Beretta 390 extended choke tubes from Wrights are about 3" long, with .85" extending beyond the muzzle.

7. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

If your 303 has threaded chokes, and the barrel isn't stamped with a choke designation, like Mod or Full, which would mean that someone put in aftermarket chokes, then your gun uses "Mobile chokes" which can be found everywhere, either flush mount or extended will fit. Mark

8. oz

oz Active Member

why not show a picture of your choke for identification or is it stuck?

9. mette56

oz. I don't have a gun w/mobile chokes. considering purchasing one and have never seen one. was mostly curious as to the length and whether it extended past muzzle.

Thanks everyone for your input. picture by tigman46 explained everything.

milt

10. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

Both flush and extended mobile chokes are made. I have a set of Briley extended chokes in a Baretta 680 Essential that was my first "trap" gun.

Search tags for this page

picture of beretta mobile choke

this type tube was dropped into the muzzle end of the barrel and secured by collar threaded onto the barrel muzzle