1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Picture of a soot-balled first target (SWG)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike Hessong* (MH*), May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

[​IMG]

Hope y'all don't mind me posting another shooting picture. I know I like seeing shots that people take from events around the country, and thought some of you might like to see another one I took at the Southwestern Grand a couple of weeks ago.

It is of Rob Taylor of Manhattan, Kansas, turning a first target in a doubles event, into a real soot-ball. I worked on the picture to show an enlarged view of just that target as well as the whole picture showing the 2nd target "trying" to get away, it didn't !!! Pretty neat how you can still see some of the orange color of the target as the shot string goes thru it and turns the rest of it into just a big, black blob of pitch.

Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Victoria (Texas) Skeet and Trap Club

2. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

That kind of "smoke" gives us old guys a "Tingle" Joe joe90t

3. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

The V.P. is one "mean" doubles shooter..........run'em

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Hey, Mike, nice phots.

Now, get Britt Robinson out there for fog city.

WW

5. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Whiz, I wish I could have seen Britt shoot (anything) !!! I took a clinic from him at our little club down on the Gulf Coast a few years ago, but he never shot during it. I read the article in an old Shotgun Sports magazine about Britt and his shooting and induction into the ATA Hall of Fame as well as his choice of chokes for doubles. I would have loved to have gotten a shot of that !!!

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I had the privilege of having Britt on my squad for most of the '90 Montana State shoot in Great Falls. What a thrill! Watching him murder doubles targets faster than what seem possible is amazing....and then trying to keep to your own rhythm when I's you turn is a real challenge.

Ron Burr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.