1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Picture of 870 Comp piston assy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Danny870, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny870

Danny870 Member

Send me E-mail and i will send you a copy of owners manual E-mail teechurch@verizon.net

2. NMULTRARUNNER55

NMULTRARUNNER55 Member

Danny;

I sent you a PM.

Thanks.

Steve Nunley
    Albuquerque, NM

3. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I have an 870 and it is a pump gun. I wasn't aware there was a gas piston. At least in the 30 or 40 times I've taken it apart, I never found one. Maybe it's the missing part that is causing all those missed targets.

Chuck

4. chickenlegs

chickenlegs TS Member

if you call me, i will send you a copy of the manual----330-455-6607,charlie

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

chuckie68: You probably have a regular 870, the only ones that have the gas recoil reduction system (piston) are the COMPETITION models they are stamped COMPETITION on the side of the receiver. They were only made fora few years. Ross Puls

6. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

Here is a picture you are looking for..Hope it helps..
    palosshooter_2008_170443.jpg

palosshooter_2008_170444.jpg

This one shows the spacing to get the order linged up right..

7. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

OK I stand corrected. Mine is an 870TB purchased in the dark ages (1971) So mine is a cometition gun but old like me LOL. Did the system work? My old buddy doesn't kick much, weighs too much and I only shoot target (1.125oz.) loads thru it. Seems to still go BANG just fine. But those damn pesky little target still seem to get away unharmed.

Chuck

8. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

chuckie68--Personally I thought the system worked very well, recoil sensation similar to a gas semi-auto, mainly designed for 3dr, X 1&1\8 if you shoot a lighter load (I now shoot 7\8 @ approx. 1150) you will not notice the recoil reduction as much, there were some problems with cracked receivers but I suspect maybe some porch loads may have been involved as they have VERY tight chokes, or magazine cap worked loose as I have seen well over 100,000 rounds through the COMPS. & std 870s without any receiver problems. I shot a COMP. for a couple years before going to 7\8, maybe 6 to 8000 rounds, when I dropped down to 7\8 I went back to and am still shooting my 31TC, sold the COMP. (big mistake) but still have 1 COMP, NIB if I ever need some extra "help". If you like your TB I'm sure you would love the COMP. Ross Puls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.