1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

picture help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by D&H@777, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D&H@777

D&H@777 TS Member

I have a bunch of old photos that I would like to enlarge. Is there a program I can use to do this?

Thanks

2. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

If you can take a picture of them with a digital camera you can do just about anything you want from there. I took a dig pic of an oldie from about 1910 and sent it to all the relatives and they loved it. It needed shrinking so I pulled it into MS Paint. Pretty simple really.

3. Trapgeezer

Trapgeezer TS Member

Adobe Photoshop, Picasa, www.picsizer.com or www.picaboo.com. The last three are free.

4. BMC

BMC Member

DH, are these digital images or prints? Your choices are vastly different depending on which you are talking about. Digital images can be interpolated in a number of ways, but like anything else the quality of the original dictates the quality of the larger version.

If you mean you want to enlarge your prints, if you have the negatives, then you are in business, assuming of course that you can still find an emulsion lab around you that does prints the "old fashioned way".

If you have neither, then you can digitally photograph your prints or have them scanned. If you don't have a scanner, place them under a piece of non-glare glass. Get a trip pod and mount your camera to it shooting straight down, or straight horizontal if the picture is on the wall. Use a portrait length lens and fire away. Then you can do whatever you want, or have someone you know manipulate them to make them better, then make prints, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.