1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PICS...Gold "Bump-Buster"... PICS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ruck, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

PICS...Gold

Thanks for posting the pix, Jack!! I wanted to show everyone that we can powder coat any of the metal accessories, not just the Bump-Busters. As I said, I'll have some more pictures today of a couple of new color combinations on Bump-Busters to post.
    We still have to use the Gracoil systems on the 390/391 shotguns due to interference between the hydraulic unit on the Bump-Buster and the action spring tube. Most can only install a Gracoil on these guns with a min. lop of about 15". I have figured out a way to do it and get the lop down to 13 5/8" like this one. It will adjust from there to 14 5/8".

Ken Rucker

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

PICS...Gold

Ken, what's the diameter of the center hole and the depth? Spacing from center of the center unit to the center of the bottom pin? I need to do some calculatin, er figgerin. Thanks. Hap

3. Chris

Chris TS Member

PICS...Gold

Ruck:

Who put the soft top on? Very nice job. If you do can do it can you e-mail me price?

Thanks!

Chris

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

PICS...Gold

Thanks, Chris!! All the work shown is mine. I cut the adjustable comb, did the soft top and installed and powder coated the Gracoil.

Ken

5. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

PICS...Gold

Hap, it's a std. lop Gracoil. I do have something in work for the auto crowd that I think you'll find really interesting. It will be much less invasive into your auto stock.

Ken

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

PICS...Gold

Awesome work Ken!....can that powder coat be done on a standard Jones Adjuster??

7. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

PICS...Gold

Thanks, Calvin! Yes....it can be done on any of the add on accessories (almost).

Ken

8. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

PICS...Gold

Many thanks for your help with this, Jack!!! Now, a little explanation.....the Bump-Buster with the green and black powder coat....the green is a is called Dark Forest Green Wrinkle. The gold and black Bump-Buster is set at the midpoint of the lop adjustment range....it will adjust either in or out from there 9/16".

The black on both in this case is flat black. Also available is a very glossy "wet" black. I have access to over 100 colors.....just let me know what you want!!

I can coat recoil systems, pad adjusters, adj. lop buttplates...you name it!!

Ken Rucker....Speedbump Stockworks

9. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

PICS...Gold

Not yet, but I should have in a couple of days.....LOL!!!

Ken

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

PICS...Gold

Question, Ruck.

How far does your "Bump Buster" move when it recoils, and is this adjustable too.

I had tried a PFS stock, but could not get used to the trigger guard coming back and smacking my finger all the time.

Hauxfan!

11. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

PICS...Gold

hauxfan, the travel on the Bump-Buster is 1/4", and the tension is adjustable. The PFS moves 1.1" and causes problems for a lot of shooters because of it. My goal with the Bump-Buster was to soften felt recoil with as little movement as possible. It has the shortest travel of any recoil system on the market.

Ken

12. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

PICS...Gold

Thanks, Ken.

Don't have any business for you right now, but I will surely keep you in mind if I ever go to a shotgun pad type reducer.

Just out of curiosity's sake. Do you have a tent or building you'll be in at the Grand in August?

I'd like to at least stop in and say hello if I make it this year.

Hauxfan!

13. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

PICS...Gold

Ken

Will the unit cant left or right and, can it be adjusted up or down?

14. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

PICS...Gold

Hauxfan....my trailer will be on portable vendors' row.....we're usually about space 40 or so. Please come by!!!

Yes, Bob, it has a fully adjustable pad plate that adjusts with a single screw thru the pad.

My Bump-Buster has been on the market since last July and there are over 300 of them already in use.

Ken

15. bkms

bkms Member

PICS...Gold

Ken, i couldnt resist and check out the gold washers peeking out of the comb. Bob.....
    [​IMG]

16. wolfee

wolfee TS Member

PICS...Gold

I am still fairly new to this site, and have heard many people mention Bump-Busters. What is the difference between on of these and a Gracoil? I have never seen a Bump-Buster in person.

17. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

PICS...Gold

The Bump-Buster is a hydraulic system whereas the Gracoil is a spring system. The B/B fits in a smaller envelope top to bottom than a Gracoil and has a better, simpler pad adjuster ( or can be had without the pad adj.). Recoil tension adjustments on the B/B are precise and repeatable, accomplished by turning a numbered dial on the hydraulic unit. The hydraulics give a better dampening effect without being bouncy like the all spring systems can be.

Ken

18. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

PICS...Gold

ttt

19. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

PICS...Gold

The Bump-Buster has hydraulic reduction similar to(but not the same as) the Rad. There similarities cease. The B/B has 1/3 as many parts as the Rad and is a more user friendly and robust design. It has a single screw adjustable pad adjuster that adjusts thru the pad. It adjusts for lop like a Gracoil, positive and simple. It's a little lighter than the Rad, looks cleaner and neater on your gun, and in many shooters' opinion, does a better job of dealing with felt recoil. The hydraulic shock absorber also has a larger useable range of adjustment than the Rad. The Bump-Buster comes with a lifetime warranty as oppossed to 3 years for the Rad. The B/B is the only recoil system available that can be initially installed as a lop adjustable butt plate and later upgraded to a fully capable recoil system.

Ken

20. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

PICS...Gold

Up for less felt stuff. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.