1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pics from Ohio State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Smoke, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

From Bank 6 looking west at the Cardinal Center.

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Having a great time shooting but I will probably never get all the dust out of my car and my RV.

3. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Free flats of shells given away on Ag Day at the Ohio State Shoot. Pictured are reps from Nester Ag, DeKalb/ Asgrow, Monsanto, and Specialty Fertilizer Products. Other shell sponsors were Williamson Crop Insurance Agency, Randall Brothers Equipment, and Buckeye Application.

Also given away by sponsors was $9000 added Lewis money and a lawn tractor from John Deere.

4. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Some doubles action on Friday.

5. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

More Friday's Doubles action.

6. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Close up of the 2nd target being eliminated!

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Those weeds are awful tall behind the concrete around the 27yd walkway on Trap 4 between posts 4 and 5 in the last Doubles pic. LOL. I had to say it.

I'm Kidding.............looks like great weather. I hope you have great attendance and everyone shoots good.

8. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

Great pictures Joe!! AJ looks more like his dad everytime I see him. Congrats on that yard Tuesday.Good luck Saturday and Sunday to everyone. We are sure very fortunate to have a place like Cardinal to shoot at. I was sorry Matt could not make it, I had a case of tribal water for him. lol Glenn Allison

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

grntitan, That is a special grass blend brought in from overseas. Since the Williams Co. trapshooters are so "buff", regular grass can't take the torque stress.

Look at the calves on those guys!

Glenn, Save the tribal water for the Cardinal Classic. I'll fire up the chain saw.

10. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

consider it done!! Duck dog was sure disappointed, I didn't tell him about the tribal water,it's only for those that believe. Looking forward to the classic I could only shoot Tuesday and Wednesday of the state shoot but had a great time. Glenn Allison

11. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Ohio shoot has been great.. FANTASTIC weather and lots of sun!

I have the pleasure of shooting a couple of the handicap events this week. No wins.. but I enjoyed myself.

A big thank you to all who came by to introduce themselves and a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to all those who allowed me to make them ear plugs!! Once again I have enjoyed a visit to Ohio.. I suggest that anyone who has not attended one of the shoots here to plan a trip and come enjoy this fine place.

Jerry Bryant
    Silent Treatment Hearing Protection and Enhancement

PS. Joe,

I'm right behind 6A set up with my pet dragon.. you could have put us in the picture!! LOL

12. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Jerry-
    I will try to stop by tomorrow and meet you, have enjoyed many of your posts on TS over the years.

Catherine-
    The photo from bank 6 was taken Tuesday of this week during the Handicap event. My wife Beckie took it, with her telephoto lens. When I saw it, I said what is that barn in the background? Her lens pulls that in to look much closer, that is probably 4-500 yards west of bank 12.

Joe

May not look like this tonight- about 1.5 " rain!

13. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Wow Joe, she has one heck of a camera! I was thinking the same thing as Catherine when I saw the picture. Thats a great lens, very clear for that much power! Btw, thanks for the pic's. Wish I could have been there! We made the Buckeye, but could not get away for the State shoot.

14. wm rike

wm rike Member

Great pics. Yeah, that first photo from Bank 6 is obviously a big lens, but just how big?

15. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Visitor on the wrong side of the firing line in today's handicap!

Lens is a 55x200 Nikkor.

Joe

16. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Yes, we planted some weeds intentually so you Illini would feel at home at the Cardinal :)

17. The Stive

The Stive Member

I had a great time this week at the Ohio State Shoot. I am looking forward to
    the Cardinal Classic in August. John

18. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

grntitan-

You got me thinking about those weeds. I'm going to look into getting them qualified as filter strips with the National Resource Conservation Service, and we will add the payment to the Ag-Day bonus purse next year! Save a weed and cash a special Lewis Class check, courtesy of US government!

Joe

19. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Youth SCTP team parade on Monday.

20. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

More SCTP parade.