1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickle Fork

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by capvan, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

A very long time ago, I had a great shell catcher for my 1100. The nickname for it was "pickle fork". It was a "U" shaped piece of metal that went in place of the bolt knob. Really worked well and I'm trying to find another. If anyone has one they would like to part with or know where I could get one, I would really appreciate hearing from you.

But at least the title got your attention...I just can hear everyone.."what on earth is this about...."

Thanks!

Bruce

2. capvan

capvan Active Member

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    My wife just bought a pickle fork.

It's a ring that goes around the mouth of a pickle jar, and from it hangs a "holster" that has a little pickle fork in it, so no one has to get a fork or use their fingers to spear pickles.

4. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

I had one years ago Remington Rep told me not to use it. He said that the extra weight out on the end of the cocking lever would crack the receiver. Went to a TS. I still have the fork some place around in my junk, when I find it you are welcome to it.

5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I had (have) one. I preferred to the TS, but they don't work with the new action bars. With the newer bars (in the last 20 years or so) the bolt handle detent spring location has changed and doesn't match the slots in the "tuning fork" shell catcher.

6. capvan

capvan Active Member

I will happily pay shipping charges for any "pickle fork" shell catchers sent to me. I have a mid '70's 1100, so they should fit fine. The old one did.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce

7. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I thought it was going to be about a boat....Ray.......

8. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

OK, I'll take the bait......(ö¿ö)

No, a very nice race boat or some were just pleasure boats. I did own one once. It was a clamp on style. (Powered by an outboard) They were made in different propulsion models.

I think Eddie Hill used one when he broke 200 MPH. He ran over 2000 HP on his blown engine. I think his was is a V drive. I made him a pendant of a small pickle fork boat,with blower, using 14 k gold but never saw him again to give it to him. I still have it. He went back to racing cars.I later stopped racing boats.Ray.....

9. gotbass

gotbass Member

Ray - I know of a guy that used a nitrus injected pickle fork for a bass boat for a time.

10. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I think up can get one from Shot Gun Sports they did offer them in the accessories section.

11. capvan

capvan Active Member

Couldn't find one. Any more information would be appreciated...

Bruce

12. capvan

capvan Active Member

13. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

Capvan
    If you can't find a pickle fork or just need a shell catcher this is the best I have ever found for the 1100 and Tom is the best person you can deal with.
    Pete

14. capvan

capvan Active Member

I've got shell catchers. I just liked the pickle fork style best and am trying to find another one to replace the one I lost :-(

15. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Post a picture please .

16. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

I have one I use now and then. The biggest problem with it is I can see it when I mount my gun. Can be a little distracting.GaryL.

17. capvan

capvan Active Member

Uhhh, kind of hard to post a picture if I LOST the one I had...

18. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Maybe someone else can post a picture of what you are talking about . I have one that has a flip up catcher but don`t know what that one is called . I`m am not using it at the time -- mounts with double face tape or rear mirror tape .

19. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

OK, heres a couple pics of the now famous Pickle Fork.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I too had a Rem rep tell me not to use the one I had on my 1100 also. He said the extra weight on the bolt would crack my receiver at the rear!! I bought my 1100 in 1970 so I parked my "fork" in a junk box and haven't seen it since.

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.