1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

picking up by new XT trap tomorrow

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mooshkat, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

Bought a 3yr old XT still in the box from a local fella, bought for his son, whom never took an interest in shooting trap. It will be a long day at work tomorrow waiting to pick up gun after work. 32" barrels, adjustable comb, cant wait. Been shooting a BT-99 from 1968, nice gun but i like how the o/u swing and feel.

2. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

nice gun! Good Luck with it.

3. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I did the same thing a few years ago. The XT felt lightning fast compared to the BT, but it just didn't have enough 25's in it. I ended up trading it for another BT. Just my experience with the two guns. Good luck and break 'em all Bill

4. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

The XT felt faster than the BT...?

I have just the opposite feel for the XT...I have both a BT99 and an XT, and like both....but the Bt99 is real fast to me....because it is so much lighter....not to say that's a bad hing. Sometimes I need to slow up a little.

A great pair to own.. for the money especially...the XT can be used for other thing besides Trap too....but everyone needs a doubles gun and I wanted something to back up my BT99 should it malfunction. The XT does it all or none, which ever you ask of it.

Enjoy...Stan

5. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

The XT is a good gun. Several people shoot the BT-99 for singles and the XT (or another Browning O/U) for doubles. The XT has a nice feel to it. Don't own one but they seem to balance nicely!

6. Rufus80

Rufus80 TS Member

I bought the exact gun last year(32",adj comb) . Love it. Used to shoot a Beretta 390 supertrap.

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Does the XT and the Cynergy both have adjustable ribs? If so how do you adjust them? I don't have either available to me to shoot.

8. bceagle

bceagle TS Member

I love my XT, the best thing I ever did was add a PFS to it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.