1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Picked up an old well used TM1, Spare Parts?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gncc600, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gncc600

gncc600 TS Member

Got a great deal on an old Perazzi TM1 that has been shot and shot some more. She is pretty loose and the checkering has worn smooth on the stock. But she still shoots good. I am having it reblued and I bought a new stock for it. My question is what springs or other parts should I buy and keep on hand or replace in the gun. I am having it tightened up and the locking block rebuilt already.

Thanks!

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Trigger spring....that's about all that breaks on occaision. Takes a few minutes to replace.

Happy Holidays.....Rickyd

3. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Unless you are a good perazzi gun smith, send the gun to Giacomo, Whiz White or any of the guys lauded on this sight. These guys will make that gun tighter than new and give it 20 years more life. I have a 3 digit TM 1 that has over 200,000, it was rebuilt 2 years ago and it is still tighter than when I bought it new. It cost me $250.

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

5. gncc600

gncc600 TS Member

John,

Who rebuilt your TM1 for $250? Whiz or Giacomo? I was also considering Doug Braker. I got such a steal on the gun I hate to sink a ton of cash into it. I have herd some horror stories of some high bills when sending off trap guns. Like at the Grand last year when Perazzi charged a guy $400 to replace a spring and give the gun a good cleaning and inspection.

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

400 bucks and now for the rest of the story ??

7. gncc600

gncc600 TS Member

That was the story I got.

8. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

gncc600,

My standard rebuild price is $250 plus just the retail cost of new springs. This rebuild includes rebuilding your existing locking bolt...$125(includes a complete clean & oil), and tightening the action....$125.

Like I mention above, that's pretty much a complete mechanical rebuild...as good as new. Now, if for some reason someone has filed on the locking bolt bbl lugs, those would either need to be recut or in some severe cases, need to be welded and recut....$125.

If you prefer a new locking bolt, the bolt would cost you $135, plus an additional $65 to fit it. Save the $75 by having the existing bolt rebuilt, and use it for the shipping costs.

Doug Braker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

clean up old tm1 model

used thompson tm1 forsale