1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

picked up a very nice LT-20 1100...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Remstar311, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Very nice!

What are they going for these days?

2. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I recently sold an absolutely pristine 1100 field 30" full ~early 1980s vintage) for $400 and felt darn lucky to get it after dragging" it to a couple of gun shows. (Mercifully I had paid $350 for it.) Regards, Ed

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

5 years ago I paid $300.00 for a 90% piece. I liked it so much I wanted another. Last I paid $450 for a 98% piece.

I'll even admit to ex ole Minnesota Bob that I have a hand rolled load thats devistating on roosties in the first.

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yes Slugo, she's sweet. Those are nice field shotguns. Nice for kids starting out in trap also.

-Gary

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I've been lucky and within the past year, I was able to purchase (on TS.com) 2 LT-20's, one a Sporting Clays model and the other is a LT-20 Magnum with a 28" full barrel, both in pristine condition.

My grandson can shoot the SC model at the range and when a little bigger, be can use the magnum for hunting ducks and geese..(heavy shot...not that steel crap).

Curt

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Local gun shop has one in average condition for $400 or so. Forgot the exact price. Looked at it yesterday. With fixed chokes they run around $350.

Bought my son's LT-20 20ga Magnum a decade ago for $350 and added a 2-3/4" barrel new from Cabelas. The heavier magnum action sleeve made it very light on recoil. He used it for trap, sporting clays and hunting.

LT-20s sure make nice guns for sporting clays.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

"SWEET" ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I got my LT20 from a friend that picked it up as a rent payment in the 70's. Virtually new gun with a 28" mod barrel. My intention was that it would be my daughter's first shotgun. Well it is but I just couldn't keep my hands off it and now I have a 26" skeet barrel on it and the sweet little gun is a favorite quail gun for me. Not bad on chukar either.

I only piad $350 for my gun, which I thought was fair but I value it much higher now - I don't think I could part with this great shotgun for even three time the original cost.

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I picked one up from a co-worker a few years ago. 28" Vent Rib Remchoke barrel. Otherwise, looks just like the photos above. I'm tempted to bring it to Africa with me next time I head back to the USA. Great gun.

10. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

The finest quail gun ever made & it don't work bad on ditch parrots & teal either!

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Not really Bill. Sporting shooters prefer a heavier gun. It helps promote a smooth swing, fight recoil, and swing continuation. Sure, some people shoot light guns, but it is a personal preference thing. Overall, weight rules.

MX-8 weighs 9.5 pounds. 391 is at 8.75 and a my SX-1 is at 9.5 pounds. Weight is one of the reasons SX-1's are sought after for sporting.

But, we're talking 20 gauges here, which is not a serious competition gauge. More of a fun gauge sometimes shot in subgauge events. Also depends if you shoot little ma-pa courses(SKT/IC) or NSCA competition courses which tend to be much tougher (LM through Mod).

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Not really Bill. Sporting shooters prefer a heavier gun. It helps promote a smooth swing, fight recoil, and swing continuation. Sure, some people shoot light guns, but it is a personal preference thing. Overall, weight rules.

MX-8 weighs 9.5 pounds. 391 is at 8.75 and a my SX-1 is at 9.5 pounds. Weight is one of the reasons SX-1's are sought after for sporting.

But, we're talking 20 gauges here, which is not a serious competition gauge. More of a fun gauge sometimes shot in subgauge events. Also depends if you shoot little ma-pa courses(SKT/IC) or NSCA competition courses which tend to be much tougher (LM through Mod).

13. Brian in Oregon

Back to the original topic... That is a very nice LT-20 and I hope you enjoy it. Very nice find.

14. Brian in Oregon

If you find that it shoots too flat, I took an 1187 slug gun buttstock, which dimensionally is similar to the monte carlo trap stock, and fitted it to my 1187 20ga. i put masking tape on the face of the stock tenon, cut the tape out for the hole, and aligned the bearing plate on the hole. Traced around the bearing plate, using it as a template. Then carefully chiselled the excess wood away on the sides and top of the tenon, carefully checking fit frequently so not too much material was removed. The stock stands slightly proud at the sides, and a bit taller on the top, but not objectionally so. I was going to refinish the stock after blending it in, but it really wasn't necessary to blend it. This raised the POI with a 26" barrel from 50/50 to 60/40. I call it my 3/4 scale trap gun, but it works very well for sporting clays and upland.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.