1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Picked up a Kgrieghoff today-Literally

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bushmaster1313, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

At the trap range I was admiring a beautiful gun in the rack.

The owner said I could pick it up.

His buddy said if I dropped it I owed the owner $20,000

Picking the gun up it was heavy. Shouldering the gun it seemed to float. The owner said it was the balance.

What makes the Krieghoff so well balanced?

Lou

2. 3357

3357 Member

The Germans have perfected the trap gun. They will not reveal the secret(s).
    Many will argue this fact. Ignore them.

3. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

and picking one up off the rack will not revile this.

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

sarge,,,,SALUTE....excellent

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Yah-ah. But vait!!! Dey gettink lighter!!! I her dat da 20 grand guns going for 13,500 down in dat der Illinois gun shoot... Yah-ah... gettink lighter.

DB. Wish it as you will, they are clunky to many. I have had several and found them easy to love an tough to shoot. But you are absolutely correct about wood density used as a counter balance.

6. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

3357- I know exactly what you mean, my neighbor has a beautiful $25,000 K80 which he allowed me to shoot. It was like a dream, it felt like an extension of my body, I did not want to put it down. I did, however miss the first 4 birds because it shot considerably higher than my browning. Once I found out where it was shooting I ran the next 21, it was a sweet shooter.

As for Fred's comment about a "cheap ass citori" I believe this is a truely ignorant statement. While brownings are certainly not of the same caliber as a K gun or even a P gun, they are fine shotguns that will last a lifetime. I have had thousands of rounds through my citori (which I bought used by the way) and I have never had the slightest hiccup. I have outshot guys with krieghoffs and I have been beaten by guys with their grandads pump. Krieghoffs are without a doubt the nicest guns I have ever shot, but to say Citori's are junk is rediculous.

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

An expensive gun will not break more targets than a less expensive gun. I have shot a K-80 combo for many years. I bought mine before the name Kgriegoff could be put on them. It is a good gun but a little complicated on the inside. Ejectors seem to break now and then and I have had one hammer break. Replacing the pins held with E Clips with custom pins held by cross keys is a big improvement. Also, $25,000 seems a bit high for a new K-80 combo.

We have many great guns to select from. K-80 is one of them, but the best one for you is the one you shoot the best. If you happen to shoot a Rem. 870 the best, that is the gun for you.

Pat Ireland

8. shark1

shark1 Member

Krieghoff is an excellent gun period. They are built like tanks (King Tiger). I enjoy them all, Krieghoff, Perrazi, Browning.
    Mike Sharkey, DC

9. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Now you know what a pig on a snow shovel feels like...

10. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Does anyone know what the real term for those E-clips really is? Is that the correct name? I always wondered what the manufacturer called them. Not to be disrespectful, just wondering. Thanks

Jimmy

11. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

yeah, remington did a good job with that gun.....

12. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Yes, Jimmy, E-clip is really the name. They are used as retainers for shafts in many applications where there is little to no side load on them. They are named because they resemble the letter "E".

Ken Rucker

13. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Ken, I made myself curious so I went to Google. Most people call them e-clips but the proper name is Circlips. I knew it couldn't be that easy to call them what they look like. LOL They never make it easy on us.

Jimmy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.