1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

pick up those hulls

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BeerKing, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Pet Peeve, people want to keep the prize of shooting down. Yesterday we hosted a derby. 40 degrees and the snow was gone. Shooters shucked their empties. Results: I paid 2 kids a total of $10 for wages to pick up your empties and throw them away for you. Want to keep the cost of shooting down? Lets start some where.

2. bear2

bear2 TS Member

I have never figured out what people are thinking when they throw their hulls on the ground and walk away.We had a sign up for a while at our club.1 round of trap-$3.00 ,OR $4.00 if you don`t pickup yuor hulls.Some people thought that was rude,so we took it down.I think it is rude to throw them on the ground.Kinda like leaving cans ,butts,gum wrappers,or any other trash.
    IT IS TRASH,pick it up .Or don`t throw it there to begin with .Slobs
    Barry

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

What really gets me about this is so many people are shooting O/U and will still take the shells out and throw them on the ground. We finally put up signs that you must pick up your empties and most do now. Jackie B.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Our trap kids do it as part of their regular duties. Our club WANTS the hulls so they can sell them. And we don't want to waste time between rounds picking up hulls instead of getting on with the program.

But hey, if that's what your club does, fine. But don't pontificate that OTHER clubs must do what YOUR club does. If you want to change MY club, become a member.

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

We went through all this a while back. The general consensus is that people think that the cost of the practice gives them the right to LITTER! Just like the cost of a hamburger gives the eater the "right" to leave a big mess. Who cares who has to pick up after them. They are big men who have to have their butts wiped like Momma used to do. Uh oh, I'm ranting again. Can you tell which side of this issue I'm on?

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

It's referred to as Good Manners and Common Courtesy!

Curt

7. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Zip Zip.......How long before your 16th birthday?

8. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

There was a day when selling once fired hulls was a profitable venue for the clubs, however with the rising cost of new ammo we are seeing a lot of non premium brand shells being shot and no one wants the hulls. We had 30 shooters shoot the derby on Sunday. There was a total of 25 new Nitro's on the ground and 25 new AA greys. No one wanted the greys. There were Rio's, Fiocchi's, and Gun Club's-new- and nobody would take them for free after they were boxed.

9. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

I was the President of our club for 6 years. Although I never requested our board to implement a rule against ejecting hulls on the ground, after careful analyzation I truly believe the practice is very very costly to clubs today.

Other than the Grand American, where most empty hulls are reloadable, at most clubs today the hull are usually junk. About 95% are put in refuse containers.
    This is true a both practice and tournaments. All these empties must be picked up and who pays for the costs? Naturally these costs are added to fee's and entries. And, as I have noticed, most that feel it is their inherent right to just throw the hulls on the ground (for someone else to pick up) are also the ones that complain the loudest about costs. Just stop and think about this. - Jim

10. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Our winter league solved the problem of hulls in the snow by putting a five gal. bucket next to each shooting station. For those who do not want to keep the cheap hulls can just though them in the bucket. Neat, clean and easy to empty.

11. nicky

nicky Member

I agree with Barry, Why in the hell should us guy's ,(and getting older every day) pickup after the ones that want to just pop them on the ground. The big state shoots, Grand, ect., different story, but at the small local clubs some of us are getting too old to have to pickup after everyone. I shoot, put my empty's in my vest or jacket pocket and when done walk over to the trash can and empty my pocket. If you pop them on the ground then stick around after shooting and help pick up. Now there are times when you might have to, forget your vest, who knows, but then at least offer to help pickup. I have noticed some of the biggest offenders are the younger shooters, you know the ones that still have a good back, think they'll bend over to pickup , Hell noooo !!.

Kevin

p.s. Jerry your record is skipping

12. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Kevin, No my record isn't slipping, it's just that my patience is thinning. I am sick to the gills of the trolls on this site and the people that are encouraging them by actually responding to the initial trolling question.

Notice this dope only starts nonsense threads and then sits back and sees who he can entice. If you want to give him a reasonable answer to a trolling question, well that's your choice.

I'll take a different approach which is my choice.

Smash Em,

Jerry

13. bear2

bear2 TS Member

Quote Our winter league solved the problem of hulls in the snow by putting a five gal. bucket next to each shooting station. For those who do not want to keep the cheap hulls can just though them in the bucket. Neat, clean and easy to empty.

We also have padded ,with foam rubber(so they don`t distract the guy next to you)buckets at every stand.We still have guys,with extractors,remove hulls ,and throw them on the ground.
    Figure that????
    Barry

14. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Most of the clubs I shoot at would just love to have a truck load of hull on the ground every day . If you pay help (kids) to work the traps it cost very little for them to pick up the hulls . Our club has them (kids) do it instead of standing around .

One way of keeping hulls off the ground is don,t put targets in the air .

15. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

So you did. Regardless he's limiting out. He keeps changing baits, a sure way to keep them biting.

Keep on it Admiral.

Cheers,

Jerry

16. Johnny One Time

Johnny One Time TS Member

Art and Jerry, I know where you fellows are coming from but either the others don't see it or don't care. Too bad.

Hank

17. len w

len w TS Member

Call it a troll, call it what you want but if you throw your empties on the ground, you might as well tell your kids to throw their burger wrappers soda cups and cans on the ground too. There is no difference.

18. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Well stated "len W". As to ALF's and FlaLargo's comments. Im sure both are more than happy to pick up these useless empties. Or do they feel all other shooters can pay the cost their of indiscrtions (or laziness). My personal opinion. B. S. Unless they are willing to spend their time, at such meaniless tasks, they should be willing to support their respective clubs by making contributions that will offset costs. If neither then just keep their respective thoughts and comments to themselves. Comments and beliefs such as theirs are one of the reasons our wonderful sport is in trouble. - Jim

19. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Mr Elliot You totaly miss the point (no suprise) . Most clubs need to throw targets lots of targets . So you worry about picking up some hulls and we will shoot targets . I don,t pick hulls as I only shoot new shells you can find them on the ground were I shoot .

20. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

One club has a special machine to pick up the hulls; sort of a lawnmower type deal. Clubs around here say that if the hull hits the ground, it's theirs to keep. Not all clubs. Let the club post what is desired; it varies depending upon individual club policies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.