1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PIC of Bowen pattern. Interesting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

[​IMG]

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

That looks strangely familiar, Jack, especially that pellet just to the left of the point-of-aim in the center. Where did you get it?

Neil

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The curve on that chart reminds me of something.................I just can't quite get a handle on it though................I swear, it's right behind my eyeballs...............Oh, wait! Now I remember! It looks just like the rim of a BELL! Probably no one else would think of it that way though.

4. Neil Winston

The pattern is also interesting because it discloses a weakness in one-ounce loads if you shoot seven-and-a-halfs.

It's about as tight a pattern as you are likely to run across, and the shell, a 2 3/4 DE Remington STS is unlikely to outdone as well.

But down at the bottom, in the middle, is the probability of a single-pellet hit on a target in the 0-10 inch ring, essentially a dead-center shot. It's only 95.1 %. If this were a 1 1/8 oz. load, that number, with this gun, would be far closer to 100%.

Neil

5. JACK

Neil. Cleaning my computer and found it. I'll send it to you to put on word

6. JACK

Neil. Finding it will be an all-night restore chore. As yo can imagine, I hve a min of 10 thou pics on my computer. And I am trying to clean and free up space. It is what you see for now

7. Neil Winston

Actually, I don't need it, Jack. I want to make a better copy anyway; just call it a souvenir and hope it will mate with one of your K- or P-gun patterns in your computer and improve the gene pool.

Neil

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Jack..as you know, storage these days is cheap. 500 GB for around a hundred bucks...like "System Agent" etc. At least here in So-Cal.

9. JACK

Pete. Good thought. Very good. I have all kind of stuff filed on my puker... but when I say 10 thou pics, that is an exageration on the low side. I've cleaned that many off my photobucket over the past couple of years. NOw Cigar guy is filling up his hard drive,

Neil. Yah-ah. I will not spoke for Neil, but I am a huge fan of Original bbls. (From the Factory types). I hve about 5 orig step rib 1100 bbls that will pattern with the best work by specialty bbl makers.

Who (out der in puker-lant) can tell me of a program that I can get to do the above like this Bowen deal? Looks like good vinter fun.

10. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

MIA, check out a Drobo. Essentially, it's a 4-bay RAID 5 device for complete computer illiterates (not suggesting you are). Add a pair of drives, or three or four, and you are ready to go in minutes. Massive redundant storage just doesn't get any easier than that.

11. Bluerock1

Bluerock1 Member

Or get a tera station. That should take care of you for a while.

Bill

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

MIA, actually I don't mind helping. I know you were getting a workout. I delete photos from my hard drive as soon as they go to photobucket so mine is clean. Photobucket is getting big though

13. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Imagine that, the Bell Curve...

14. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I wonder what computer program he uses?

H-S Precision experimented with something like that. In fact, Tom Houghton, CEO, had me come out there and look it over. We played with it thinking of using it in the 100 yard underground range to calculate target hits, etc. They have always used an automatic targeting feed station, with camera that takes a picture of the target, then prints and encloses that with each rifle the make. I have worked on the electronics and tracking system for them for years.

I think Tom told me it was a program used in astronomy to count visible stars. Boy, this had to be like 10-15 years ago too.

15. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Whiz,

I think its shotgun insight by Dr. Andrew Jones.

16. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

But you have to admit, BELL CURVE has more of a ring to it than Gaussian distribution.

17. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Very punny.

Ever heard of a Mae West curve??

18. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Jim,

No, unfortunately I will not be attending this year.

Say hello to Martin and Devi for me, if you see them, and give them my congratulations and best wishes.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.