1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PHYTHON HANDGUN

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapguy909, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapguy909

trapguy909 TS Member

PYTHON HANDGUN

I am looking to buy a Colt Python handgun five or six shot.
    If anybody has one or knows somebody that is interested in selling one please email me at gamingagent@yahoo.com with details and asking price.

Thank You

Eric

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Sorry about your lisp. It's a Python. Wish I had a couple..

JC

3. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Do you want one that made in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's. They only made them to hold 6 shells. The late 60's were the best they made.

4. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

Wish I had a couple (dozen!) too since they're pulling what a decent trap gun will cost you. Absolutely amazing the $$$$$$ people are paying for most Colts lately. And it's not like Pythons are rare or hard to find. You could buy 2 ANIB pre-lock, P&R .357 Smiths for what Pythons are selling for.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

5. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I sold mine about eight years ago for $300.00. Still have the B = Square scope mounts if anyone has an interest in them. Make an offer. Ray

Came back to edit to say the scope rings are also still attached to the mounts. I have mounts and rings.

6. Loyac

Loyac Member

What does a python have that a comparable S&W Performance Center revolver doesn't? John

7. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

sent you an email, friend of mine has one for sale, its MINT!!!!!!!!! You wont find a nicer one for sale.

8. SD duck

SD duck TS Member

The pony on the grip, not the quality, makes all the diference. There are some horrible pythons around and for sale. A good one is great but the name does not say it all. Buy with care. I have 2 but choose not to sell either.

9. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I have 4 and all are the late 60's. All have had their trigger worked to by a factory tired gunsmith and they are sweet.

10. trapguy909

trapguy909 TS Member

The gun is for a friend of mine at work I sent him an email asking what year what size barrel etc. I think he doesn't care, he just wants a python for his gun collection.

Thank you,

Eric

11. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Look at the Colt Trooper in .357, I have one of those and its a great gun too, I've shot it a lot.

12. csanders7

csanders7 TS Member

Have a 1983 8" barrel in box, unfired.

13. trapguy909

trapguy909 TS Member

How much are you asking for it?

Thanks, Eric

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

My Python is not for sale but I'd really like to buy a cheap BOA!!

15. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

Why did I buy a 6" BTSS Python in the 70's? Why did I get a 6" (yes, 6") BTSS Diamondback .22 in the 70"s. Why are they still in my closet in their original boxes? I really don't know what they are worth but I bet they are worth more than I paid for them.

16. too fast

too fast TS Member

Have Colt Python 2-1/2" blue 98% condition. Very slight cylinder line. Serial #E Series. Have original wood & rubber grips w/Colt insignia. Asking $1500.00. Cell (916) 599-3314. Jim Luis

17. Travioli

Travioli TS Member

I bought my first python back in 1989...Actually I went to the local gun shop my dad and I always go to and saw it in the case I asked the guy behind the counter what they wanted for it and actually they were selling it for someone and he said 375.00 I was only 17 at the time I called my dad right away and he called the storte and said to the guy I'll take it. It turns out a long-time friend of my dads who passeda way soem years ago...well is wife needed the cash. I made a great deal. I have only fired it about 100 rounds through it and the only regret I have is that I lost the original box for it. Checked on chuck hawks website and it was made in 1972. Just wanted to share a story with you all.

Travis

18. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

Eric:
    Check your email.

I have a Colt Python and am going to sell it. It's a 4" blued version that I bought a few years ago. I am thinning out my collection. This Python is close to 100%, and it has been fired a few times. I personally have put 20-30 shells through it. Attached is a photo which hopefully show its cosmetic condition. It is all original. Asking price is $950 plus shipping. Includes the plastic case shown. I will only ship to your FFL. It's a 1967 made gun - I checked it with Colt.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

19. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

i have a 4" satin nickel finish..terrifically smooth and deadly accurate...it outshoots all of my 6" Smiths..it needs some refinishing that can be done for about $250...I will sell for 900 plus shipping to your FFL

20. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

The good old Pythons, the one I know best is from early 60's, have actions like polished glass, and run circles around the best S&W ever built.

Sometime in the 80's Colt started building everything they made crappy, I don't think you could give me anything after 1990 that would equal ROSSI for quality, which is pretty low at best!

I will chose a "V" spring colt over any revolver ever made providing it was made prior to 1980!

And as far as a V spring Colt having to many parts? This parts list stops at 56 pieces!

An S&W 586 lists 88 pieces in its assembly!

And unless you have the heavier "N" frame you have A revolver that has A weakness that the "V" spring Colt revolvers do not have!

Anyone out there know what that is?

AL

When My Dad as a Cop was doing Firearms training, the visiting instructor who was a shooter of a lot of note back in the 50's and 60's, had only one comment for the smart a$$, that asked what the real difference between a Colt "V" spring, revolver and an S&W was?

The instructors answer was, " any Colt in his hand was worth another 10 points compared to a S&W!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.