1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Photos of federal model 12 shoot aug.14 at grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butch32, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butch32

butch32 Member

Anybody got any photos to share?
  2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XNmr1OdIgmA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There was a time when the Winchester Model 12 dominated the sport of trapshooting. To commemorate the 100th year of this design, Federal Cartridge hosted a nostalgic Model 12 trap shoot at the 2012 Grand American. More than 100 shooters participated.
  3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Active Member

Great video thanks, I truly love shooting mine
  4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Those were the days.
    Steve Balistreri
  5. butch32

butch32 Member

Nothing better than shooting a model 12 and federal papers. Thanks for the video Joe and if anyone has any other videos or photos they would like to share please post. Myself and many others sure would appreciate it.
  6. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Member

I was fortunate to be able to participate in the 2012 Federal Nostalgia Shoot at the Grand American.

Before the shoot started, Devon Harris explained why there were only going to be Winchester Model 12's and Ithaca Single Barrel Trap guns to be used in this shoot.

2012 is the 100 year anniversary of the Winchester Model 12.

In 1922, when Federal Cartridge started in business, is when Ithaca changed their SBT from the Flues design to the Knickerbocker design.

Out of the 100 participants there were 89 Model 12's and 11 Ithaca SBT's.

I brought 2 5E Ithaca's. One for me to use and one for a buddy. And, even though we didn't get into the shoot off, us and everybody there had a great time.

Thanks go to Devon Harris for the time and effort he put into making the event come true, to Federal for hosting it and giving all the participants a free hat and T shirt and 2 boxes of shells, and to the ATA for allowing it to happen and letting us shoot free targets.

Hopefully we can do it again next year.

Jim W
  7. butch32

butch32 Member

Great post Jim and Amen to doing that again..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.