1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Photo test

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Like this??

2. gkinla

gkinla Member

That was fast. I just trying to remember how to post pictures.

Gary

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

if you need help, let me know

4. gkinla

gkinla Member

I got it. TS makes it much easier to insert images in the body of the text message than several years ago. I just saw the "insert an image..." above.

[​IMG]

5. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Nice looking 1100 btw!! What type of stock is on the gun?

6. gkinla

gkinla Member

Hi 1moreround, the stock is a Jack West. And yes it has a GraCoil on it. I know about all the, it can't be done. Well there it is. I originally posted a thread several years ago... maybe 3 years now detailing this project gun. The stock is cut one inch to retain the same LOP. The recoil spring tube had to be cut back one inch to make way for the spring assembly. The stock nut was replaced with a hex nut that fits the fine thread. I replaced the recoil spring with a Sure Cycle spring I got from Brownells. It had a finer coil wire and stopped the spring bind I had with the cut down factory spring...which was cut proportionally. The people at GraCoil worked with me to get this working. I have checked often to see if there is a failure starting between the action tube and the frame as it is silver soldered in place. I see no problems with the joint. There are probably 5000 rounds through the gun at this time. The barrel is a Hastings 30 inch High Rib overbored barrel...it is a target cruncher.

More pictures,

[​IMG]

The trigger is a Stanless Timney with a Easy Loader installed.

[​IMG]

7. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

GK: Where does one pick up a "easy loader" for the bolt release? Were you able to leave the sure cycle spring full length after you cut the tube down by an inch? The hastings are suppose to be a 60% barrel, but I'll find out soon enough as I have one on order! I shoot the 1100 as well as anything else I've shot. Alot of other shooters say they are beginners guns but they work for me so I have no problems investing in something that works and I'm confident in!

8. gkinla

gkinla Member

Click on the above link to take you to Brownell's for the Easy Loader.

I didn't cut the spring on the Sure Cycle but the spring setup has a aluminum follower in the end where the cross pin goes through the spring tube. I cut about 1/2 inch off this to assure there would be no spring bind. You can rack the bolt back by hand and you can tell if the bolt hits the buffer or not. The Sure Cycle comes with two springs one for field/hunting loads the other for target loads. I selected the finer wire for this setup. There have been no failures to feed when I shoot doubles.

The Easy Loader needs to be fitted...simple task with a small file. Directions come in the package.

gk

9. gkinla

gkinla Member

MIA, I haven't POI tested this barrel. When I got the barrel 4 years ago I had someone look over my sholder to assess the hits on target. (60/40 is subjective as we all hold the gun differently). I just kept adjusting the comb to center the hits visually on 16 yd targets. I also use 7/8 oz no 9's for 16 and 1 oz no 8's for anything past 20 yards. The choke is an IM.

I guess I tested it just not on paper.

gkinla

10. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Were you able to silver solder that spring tube back in yourself after shortening it or did you have to send it out to have it done??

11. gkinla

gkinla Member

The tube was cut in place at Graco during the GraCoil installation. Graco did the re-threading and supplied the nut.

gkinla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.