1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Photo of Handicap Shooting at Henderson, TN

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by docshank, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docshank

docshank TS Member

Here is a photo put together of one of the competitors at Henderson Gun Club, taken yesterday.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

Great photo collage and looks like a great range.

Augie

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Check out the "pattern testing" on the back of the traphouse.

Replace your divots, folks.

HM

4. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Thats not pattern testing thats a release mark.

5. docshank

docshank TS Member

Thanks Guys,

Henderson Gun Club is a small two trap range with a "Port-a-Potty" and a huge oak tree for shade. Robin Smith is the owner, He and all of the people that shoot there treat everybody like family. They usually have a grill set up to keep you from going hungry while you're there. Yesterday there was 16 or 17 squads for singles and of course less for handicap and doubles. That's a big crowd for two trap fields. Robin has bought another pat trap and is fixing to add another trap field to help cut down on the time it takes for the events. It is a small place, but there is alot of good shooters there and they're all good people.

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Frank, that is a really nice picture with the insets inside the picture.

Can I ask what program you use to get those effects?

Thanks, Hauxfan!

7. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I'd love to have pictures like yours made of me and my clan.... Great work.

Guy

8. docshank

docshank TS Member

Hey Hauxfan,

I use a combination of Nikon Capture NX and DXO Optics Pro to process my pictures, but I use the software that came with my flatbed scanner to resize and insert the smaller pictures into the large picture. I use the scanner software simply because I've had it for years and already know how to insert the pictures using it. I'm sure the Nikon Capture NX software (and most likely the DXO also) is capable of doing this, I just haven't bothered getting deep enough into the manual to learn those tasks with that particular software. I'm sure just about any kind of imaging software can do this with no problems. Talk to you later.

Frank

9. docshank

docshank TS Member

Hi Guy,

Bring yourself and your clan to either Lavinia or Henderson, TN and I'll take pictures of your bunch and give them to you. Now you can shop around and check, but I don't think you'll find a better deal than that.Ha!!! I don't get to shoot near as often as I would like, but I try to make it to all of the registered shoots at those two places. I only take these pictures as a hobby, it just makes me better at taking pictures of my grandkids. Talk to you later.

Frank

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Thanks, Frank, but I doubt I could ever learn all of that.

It does do a really nice job I must say. Kudos to you.

Hauxfan!

11. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

A very generous offer Frank, and a great service to your fellow shooters. Many would gladly pay.

I just wish we were closer to the Volunteer state!
    Guy
    Maryland

12. trap55555

trap55555 TS Member

Is this club also known as "Tull Bottom Gun Club"? Or is Tull Bottom a different club?

run'em,
    Trap55555

13. lumper

lumper TS Member

I like how the empty hull is caught in mid-air ... yep ... no shell catcher on that gun ... drives the shooter next to you insane. ;-)

Where is the picture with the ink-spotted targets? That would be a great addition in one of the corners.

14. docshank

docshank TS Member

Trap55555

The Henderson Gun Club and Tull Bottom Gun Club is the same place. And for what it is worth, Southgate Gun Club and Lavinia is the same place.

Frank

15. docshank

docshank TS Member

Lumper,

Here is a couple of pictures with better target breaks. These were taken at Corinth, MS. I only took a handful of pictures at Henderson in between the time I finished shooting singles and getting ready to shoot handicap. The way I was shooting that day, I should have left my gun in the case and just used the camera.

Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.