1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Phone Scam

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Person called from an 866# attempting to get me to authorize a check by phone for a past due amount on a "Visa" Card. I knew I didn't have any past dues and when I questioned him about the account number, he gave me a phony number and when I pressed him, he hung up. If someone calls you wanting a check by phone, all they want is you banking account info. Don't give it to them.

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

JBrooks, I just some info from a friend of mine about phone Scams as well.Do Not not under any condition call any phone numbers to a (809),(284), or a (876) area code. Someone will call and leave a message to call them back for some reason. About a bill due, or Death or Illness in family anything they can. The numbers (for some) are in the Islands (Virgen) and others. Once YOU place the call the charges from the phone company are staggering. The ave. bill is about $10,000 a minite. Most bills run about $23,000 in that range. The phone company's here do not want to get involed, and If you call the companies over there they say that is thier normal rate and they did nothing wrong, after all you called them right. Beware of these Area codes and do not call anyone back if you do not know them or the number. Hope this might help someone out there. Break-em all. JEff