1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Phone call from the NRA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by W.P.T., Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Last night while sitting and enjoying some friends company and the television the telephone rang and it was the NRA calling for a poll based on what the man on the phone said ... I asked if he had the power to eliminate the multiple mailings that I get from the NRA on a weekly basis and that if he did I would go back to mailing an annual donation like I did for many years until I got fed up with the constant barrage of mail from them and them wasting money to mail life members to re up their memberships ... Then he asked if I was interested in a message from Wayne LaPierre and I told him that I do not want to hear his message until Wayne hears mine and the mailings stop, then I hung up ... Hope they get my message ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Multiple mailings are the least of my problems. I hope the NRA doesn't hang up on us,,and will continue to donate to them. They are the only reason we still enjoy individual ownership.

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

While the repeated mailings may annoy you, they are obviously effective in increasing the response or the NRA wouldn't do it. Are you so busy that you can't open or toss a piece of mail from the organizatio which does more than any other to insure your gun rights? There are many things you could legitimately complain about but this would not seem to be one of them.

4. willing

willing Member

How about a box on the renewal form which asks for NO mailing??

Bill

5. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Most life members think it ends with their payment.......If you are a lifetime LIFE Member and you are not a Benefactor Member, you may be more of a liability than asset.....

This of course is just my opinion, not fact.......%~)...(Benefactor Life Member)

6. Gatguy

Gatguy TS Member

As a life member I can say that the mailings, etc don't annoy me; it just shows that the NRA is alive and well and doing all it can to protect our gun rights...and, on membership dues and donations only! As soon as we have a National Shotgun Association, I will gladly open their mail and send them donations as well!
    Dick C.

7. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

WPT

Somehow I knew you would be taking a free ride on the backs of the shooters.

jim brown

8. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

WPT,

You had a meaningless argument with an employee of a company that is hired by dozens of firms to shill their products. They are called TELEMARKETERS. That was not anyone with the NRA. The caller could care less what you think or rant on about.

If it made you feel good, it was worth it. What ever gets you through the night. You would have been as well served to give the speech to Tron's cat. At least kitty would have feigned interest. If you really want to accomplish something, join the NRA and quit letting other people carry your water.

Sheesh!

HBT

9. Browning30

Browning30 TS Member

When I was younger I belonged to the NRA for several years but the constant mailings drove me to drop my membership. I thought the same as some of you- they were wasting the money I had sent them. After several years of not being a member I started up again. The same thing started all over again. The next time I was contacted to re-up I let them have it. I contacted the NRA and told them that I really wanted to be a member but I would only sign up again if they would stop sending me all of the junk mail. Send me only my notice to re-up and nothing else. After a long talk I finally got them to do it. I signed up for 5 years and the only thing I get is the magazine. You can get it done- just don't let them tell you otherwise.

Harlan

10. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I did it so anyone interested will have to search on their own. I opted out of NRA mailings on the website, haven't had a problem for several years.

Robert

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Bingo. Simply ask the NRA to take you off their mass mailing list.<br>
    <br>
    It's just that simple.

12. clayshooter555

clayshooter555 TS Member

Unbelieveable!

The only organization in American that actually works to help inforce the Second Amendment and somebody won't pony up because they send out too much mail??

Give me a break!

Call me when the libs pass the next bill that takes your Second Amendment rights away...I'll have something to say to you.

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Jim Brown,

You of all people would know a free ride which is why you were asked to leave one club and never come back if I recall ... My being a LIFE MEMBER for over 30 years and having no need to re up my membership is what annoys me and the waste of good money trying to get LIFE MEMBERS to rejoin with their continual barrage of mailings ... I always figured LIFE MEMBER is just that and will continue to feel that way for the rest of mine ... I never asked anyone to carry my water and never will ... Jim Brown its great to not get to see you anymore and I am just one of many that feel that way ...

For all of those who know so much about the NRA: What and when was the last thing the NRA did for gun owners in way of stopping or getting anything progressive done ..? What percentage of donations goes for administrative cost, and how much is Wayne LaPierres yearly salary and expense account ... Does anyone have the answers to these questions or are you all just running off at the mouth ..? The same money I would usally donate to the NRA is going to another good cause because battered woman and kids need support also ... Until the NRA gets it right I will be a LIFE MEMBER but send my money to some people who need it and won't waste it by sending me mailings about a membership that I took care of many years ago ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. jim brown

WPT

I see your memory hasn't improved either or maybe you just don't like honest people.

If you miss me come to a trap shoot. I still shoot in Arizona.

jim brown

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Jim Brown,

Your reading has not improved either, read it again, slowly this time ... The only people I appreciate are honest people, you know the birds of a feather thing and all ... I have found that between the car shows and bowling, I don't have much time for shooting other than shooting some practice up at Ben Avery from time to time ... I don't care to sit around all day to shoot 200 targets, got better things to do ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. jim brown

You don't know any.

jim brown

17. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Altho I do agree with the NRAs ideals they did back out on me when I called and asked them to help me get my guns back that were wrongly confiscated by local police. I had to get them back on my own I do attend friend of NRA dinners but will not join them because of the help I didnt get.

I also agree that they Do waste alot of funds mailings and do tork people off with late evening calls.

Jerry

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I know many that are not Honest and those are the ones I do not associate with, you know like you for instance ... Been banned from any other clubs lately or have you changed your ways ..? Things are nothing like they used to be around here, the clubs are more selective with who they do business with and get rid of the trouble at the first sign of it ... Stay well ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. jim brown

WPT

I have seen you shoot. Bowling might be a better thing for you.

jim brown

20. crusha

crusha TS Member

I,,,have seen the sonofabitch bowl,,,and let me tell you,,,it's like watching a monkey f_cking a football!!!,,,!!!,,,

,,,just a tip jim,,,if he offers to let you use his ball,,,I'd pass on it!!!,,,!!!,,,every bowling alley from Tucson to Flagstaff,,,kicked him out a long time ago,,,they got tired,,,of having to wash their balls out with Clorox,,,!!!,,,,,,this little girl behind the counter in Phoenix,,,asked him if he wanted his deposit back,,,sicko told her she could keep it,,,!!!,,,

,,,What do Walruses,,,NASA,,,and YAC have in common,,,???,,,they're all looking for a tight seal,,,!!!,,,

aka grammie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.