1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Phoenix & Tuson

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pjh, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjh

pjh Member

Hello
    Kristi (my much better half) and I are leaving Sat the 20th to shoot Tuscon. We have a few day we want to use to see the sights. Were going to skip the Grand Canyon for now and make that a special trip. Any thoughts on the Phoenix or Tucson area? Thanks Peter Hamann

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

There is a great one day trip up through the Oak Creek canyon to Sedona / Flagstaff from Phoenix. Bill Malcolm

3. pjh

pjh Member

Great. We thought about Sedona. We also may go to Tombstone. Thanks Bll!

4. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

Tombstone is a must and my wife recommends(read insists on)Tubac,south of Tucson about half way to the border..Tubac is the site of an old Spanish mission but has also evolved into a first class art/crafts mecca.The Arizona/Sonora Desert Museum(near the club) and the aircraft museum are also well worthwhile.

5. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Sedona is nice!!! I went there this past August. Beautiful!!! you should take in one of those ritzy day spas and get pampered.

Grand Canyon: my gf and I only spent 5 hours there over the summer. This is something you need to spend at least 2 full days to just take in the scenic views. It would be fun to do a donkey ride or if they have a vehicle ride, to the bottom of the canyon. Simply amazing.

I would had loved to go see the Painted Desert....

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Arizona Desert Museum, just a few minutes from TT&SC.

7. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

When you visit the Arizona Desert Museum, stop by the Baldwin Art Institute and tell them you are trapshooters. Priscilla Baldwin, past All-American trapshooter and her husband Michael, were the founders of the Institute. One of them might be on the premises.

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Rocky Point, not too far

9. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

The missle silo and aircraft museum. Phoenix: The Frank Lloyd Wright compound, off the top of my head, spelled "Tellessian". If you are into architecture. Also, the scientific compound, the "Biosphere" is very interesting and has a great tour.

Gerome is also an interesting little western mining town if you are going west from mid state.

10. gusto777

gusto777 Member

In Tucson the International Wildlife Museum is a "must see".

11. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

to the East of Flagstaff by 120 miles...."Petrified forest Natnl Park", note the "petrified" tree trunk in the center, one of the strangest places I have ever been to! Felt like I was on the moon! Also check out the Desert Museum, just about 15 minutes from Tucson Trap and Skeet club....

[​IMG]

12. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

If you're willing to drive as far as Phoenix, then head over to Apache Junction, pick up route 88 East to Tortilla Flats and then on through the Apache Trail up to Lake Roosevelt then back through Globe and back to Tuscon. The Apache Trail is a spectacular ride. I've been everywhere mentioned above except the petrefied forest and I'll take the Apache Trail any day. Good Luck and enjoy, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.