1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Phoenix, Arizona

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by brigade, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brigade

brigade TS Member

Dozen Armed With Guns Protest Obama Speech

About a dozen people carrying guns, including one with a military-style rifle, milled among protesters outside the convention center where President Barack Obama was giving a speech

Wished I was there..........Ed

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

That's a rather simplistic statement. Do you think the Secret Service went out for doughnuts?

Where was this, I want to see it.

HM

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

It was in Phoenix, Arizona, where its legal to carry ... You see people all the time with side arms but seldom with a rifle so I guess that would be an exception to the rule ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

halfmile:

If I haven't screwed it up, the link above will get you to a CNN article on the subject. A Secret Service spokesman was quoted in that article as follows:

"Asked whether the individuals carrying weapons jeopardized the safety of the president, Donovan said, "Of course not."

The individuals would never have gotten in close proximity to the president, regardless of any state laws on openly carrying weapons, he said. A venue is considered a federal site when the Secret Service is protecting the president and weapons are not allowed on a federal site, he added.

..., the men carrying weapons were outside the venues where Obama was speaking."

sissy

Sure as heck, I screwed it up. Here's the link.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/politics/08/17/obama.protest.rifle/index.html

If that doesn't work, the article can be found on the Drudge Report website.

5. brigade

brigade TS Member

halfmile

If the Secret Service are union they were probably checking each others shorts!!!Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.