1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Phoenix Area Gunsmith

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by W. Dan, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W. Dan

W. Dan TS Member

Looking for a Phoenix area gunsmith familiar with trap shooting to install an adjustable rib on a BT-99. I'd also appreciate any advice on the pros and cons of adding an adjustable comb.

I'm a new shooter starting to shoot in the low 90's at 16yds. While I really like the BT-99, it seems to shoot flat thus my interest in an adjustable rib and possibly an adjustable comb.

As a novice shooter I've learned a great deal from reading this board and really appreciate other trap shooters willingness to share information and experiences.

W. Dan

2. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I would advise not adding another rib of any type. Have someone do a quailty job of installing a adjustable four way comb with SOFT TOP.

I would recommend sending your stock to Kansas and have Greg Hissem Stockworks install the above. His Phone numbers are as follows shop = 316-554-8488 or cell = 316-706-0395.

Last week at the Utah State shoot I saw one of his adjustable combs on a friends Kolar, wow best workmanship I have ever seen.

Don't be afraid of sending your stock away for this work. For instance my K-80 has had the triggers done in Michigan, the barrels in North Carolina, the stock from Ohio and Colorado. It's a world traveler.

Best of luck

Tom Strunk
    Payson, Arizona

3. Phillip's Gunsmithing

Phillip's Gunsmithing Member

Talk to Dan Lammers at DL Presicion.His phone is 623-521-9583. He does great work and is in Phoenix.

He was a gunsmith for Krieghoff for about 15 years.He does great wood work.

He will not steer you wrong he is a honest and nice person.

Phillip Crenwelge

4. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Dan Lammers (602)295 4635.

This phone number might be more current for Dan.

Tell Dan that Pete McMillan recommended him. Pete just had work done this week.

You can contact Pete at: Peteangie2@aol.com

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Dan Lammers is a full service gunsmith in the Phoenix area and as stated above does good work at reasonable prices ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. W. Dan

W. Dan TS Member

Thanks for responding and the info. I'm in Flagstaff for the summer, but will give Dan a call when I get back in the valley.

Thanks again for the help!

W.Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.