1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Phillips gunsmithing

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ross Randall, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ross Randall

Ross Randall Member

Now first off this is not a condeming thread. I only need info. I sent Phil (Phillips-Gunsmithing) a trigger group about the first of October. At that time when I called him he told me a two week turn around on it. As of today I have not received it back. I called him a couple weeks ago about it and he told me then it was on the bench and would be on its way back. I have called him two times this week and he has never called me back. What I am wondering is if something happened to him? I was wondering if anyone on here knew him personally and if they might know something?

I know I sent the trigger to a competent gunsmith for the work. I am only worried if something health related or like that might have happened. I know there was a bad accident on I10 in Tex. about a week ago. Pictures on the internet showed a Fed Ex truck involved with the sides torn out of it. Heck maybe that is where my trigger is.

Ross Randall

2. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Talked to Phillip this morning. Everything is fine on his end. He has a project of mine in the line to be done also.

This is a busy time for him.

3. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

Not to worry, he did a double release conversion that took longer than expected but well worth the wait. Joe

4. TD1958

TD1958 Member

Please don't worry. Phil is avery busy guy this time of year and trust me he will get your trigger and you will be very satisfied when you do. Good luck, Tim

5. B.C.

B.C. Member

How about a Phone # for Phil. Thanks, B.C.

6. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

I saw him at the Tulsa gun show. He was having a good time. I expect he is okay.....

Mike

7. Ross Randall

Ross Randall Member

I found out what I wanted to know and thank you. I was worried that something might have happened to him. I see that did not happen. I know the trigger is in good hands. Thanks for the info guys.

Ross Randall

8. ALFkam

ALFkam TS Member

Sent him a Browning for a fast double release and lightening the inertial block just prior to his travel to the Spring Grand (and I had the option to send it to Arizona and have the work done there). Two weeks later I read about his relocation back to Texas. Sent him an email to be ensure that my Browning would not be lost in the move. Was assured not to worry and got the receiver back two weeks later. It took approximately five weeks. Great job and very happy with the work. Patience is a virtue - especially from a well revered gunsmith.

9. Karen Gipson

Karen Gipson Member Supporting Vendor

B.C.
    You can find his phone number and more on his website: http://phillips-gunsmithing.com/

10. Ross Randall

Ross Randall Member

I got my trigger back today. It looks like a fine job. Looking forward to trying it out this coming Saturday.

Ross Randall

11. warren

warren Member

I had him change the trigger in my new BT99 it did take him awhile but I got it back and it's looks very professional and the price was more than fair.

warren

12. 19539trap

19539trap Member

I send everything to him. Does a great job and is very fair. Thanks Phillip

13. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

If every 'smith was as business-like and capable as PC the world would be a far better place.

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

A true Pro.

15. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I took him a trigger at the Grand and got it back 5 hours later. He does excellent work and is very reasonable.

16. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

He does great work at a very good price. Of course there are times he is on the road or snowed under but normally those are brief.

17. Hogsan

Hogsan Member

Sent a K-32 to Phil for double release. Talked to him before and he told me he was about three weeks behind. So what? If you want it done right its worth waiting for. Phillip has done 5 of 6 for me and they all match in feel and performance. Browing Citori,Browning BT, K-32 etc.

I'll wait for another great conversion

Jim

18. illtrap1

illtrap1 Member

I once onwned a k-80 o/u didn't like it bought a win 101 pigeon 32" o/u told him to make it a double release like my silver seitz fast it came back fantastic job,sending a SX1 trigger for a release didn't like the Hobbits He said the old metal triggers early ones made better releases.Dan

19. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Does great work!!!!!!

20. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

His trigger work on Remington 1100 triggers was (is) so good that I sold all my Timmney triggers. I tyhinjk he charged me less then 50 bucks a trigger and they were like rifle triggers when I got them back. Phil is the man. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.